Call the Dead Again

by Ann Granger | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 074725642x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingkeeta1wing of Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on 2/6/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingkeeta1wing from Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Saturday, February 06, 2016
Amazon Editorial Review

When Meredith Mitchell picks up a hitchhiker on a lonely road outside Bamford one evening she is left feeling distinctly uneasy. What business can this confident, yet secretive, young woman have at Tudor Lodge, the beautiful old home of Brussels-based lawyer Andrew Penhallow, where she asks to be dropped? Penhallow is constantly toing and froing from the Continent, but that night, unusually, he is at home, and - with his son away and his wife Carla in bed with a migraine - alone. Which is unfortunate, for the next morning he is found murdered in the garden. To the vicarious delight of the locals, who are quick to recall old disputes, Penhallow's death results in some spectacular revelations about his double life - developments which make the murder investigation all the more delicate for Superintendent Markby, who knew the dead man as a young body. Andrew Penhallow certainly had ghosts in his past - has one come back to claim him?

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (2/14/2017 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Travelling to the winner of a sweep :)
Congratulations and Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingInto-the-Bluewing at Stade, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, February 27, 2017
Thanks very much for this book, the teas, card and lovely bookmark. I already have this book in the German translation on my Mt. TBR. So this one is AVL. I will find a good new home for it. Thanks very much anyway.

Released 2 yrs ago (3/2/2017 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Niedersachsen Germany

The book is moving on already! I am very happy that I can use it for the European wishlist tag and it will travel to Soozreader in Finland next. Have fun.

Journal Entry 5 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Thank you very much for this wishlist book and for the teas! They had arrived safely while I was on holidays :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Saturday, July 28, 2018
I think this was a very good and entertaining book! I liked the characters and how the story was built even though I was not too surprised in the end. I look forward to reading more Mitchell and Markby mysteries!

Journal Entry 7 by wingSoozreaderwing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, July 30, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (7/30/2018 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

This book is on its way to the next reader as a part of the wishlist tag game. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 8 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Monday, August 06, 2018
The postman braved the heat to bring me the book this morning.
Thank you Soozreader, hello to all my friends above.

Journal Entry 9 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, May 29, 2019
I could do with more of this, Madame Granger. 🙂