Winter Garden

by Kristin Hannah | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 2/5/2016
Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Friday, February 5, 2016
Sometimes when you open the door to your mother’s past, you find your own future…

Meredith and Nina Whitson are as different as sisters can be. One stayed at home to raise her children and manage the family apple orchard; the other followed a dream and traveled the world to become a famous photojournalist. But when their beloved father falls ill, these two estranged women will find themselves together again, standing alongside their cold, disapproving mother, Anya, who even now, offers no comfort to her daughters. On his deathbed, their father extracts one last promise from the women in his life.

It begins with a story that is unlike anything the sisters have heard before—a captivating, mysterious love story that spans sixty-five years and moves from frozen, war torn Leningrad to modern-day Alaska. The vividly imagined tale brings these three women together in a way that none could have expected. Meredith and Nina will finally learn the secret of their mother’s past and uncover a truth so terrible it will shake the foundation of their family and change who they think they are.

Every once in a while a writer comes along who navigates the complex and layered landscape of the human heart. For this generation, it’s Kristin Hannah. Mesmerizing from the first page to the last, Winter Garden is an evocative, lyrically-written novel that will long be remembered.

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at Wishlist Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, February 11, 2016

Released 7 yrs ago (2/11/2016 UTC) at Wishlist Surprise, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

When at booksales, I have had a few of this author's book in my hands over the years. I have heard people say they love her stories. I read the back of this one and was intrigued enough to purchase it. It took a while for me to register and actually read it.

Now I know what they are talking about! I really enjoyed this story about a family but specifically a Mother's relationship with her daughters. It is how a secret can tear a family apart or it can bond them together. This is a really good read. I know I will pick up more by this author.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by iwillrejoice at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, February 16, 2016
This book arrived safely today. Thank you so much! And thanks for the recipe, too (love chowder!) Looking forward to the read!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, November 19, 2023
Given to me from to estate of Iwillreoice to find a new home. She is rejoicing in heaven

I have read this book

Released 1 wk ago (11/21/2023 UTC) at ——- Wild Released Somewhere In Cape Coral ——- in Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! KTM in honor of Iwillrejoice for e-less release challenge 2023- author

Journal Entry 6 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, November 23, 2023

Released 5 days ago (11/24/2023 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA