Angela´s Ashes

by Frank McCourt | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingBookworm-ladywing of Madrid, Madrid Spain on 1/25/2016
Amazon.com | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR | Amazon IT
Journal Entry 1 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, January 25, 2016
"In the extraordinary memoir that has won the praise of critics and the hearts of readers, Frank McCourt recounts the heartbreak and humor of his astonishingly poor childhood. Goergeously written from the innocent perspective of young Frank, this is a memoir more dramatic, suspenseful and mesmerizing than most novels."

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, October 15, 2016
Reserved for Diane-Fraser's INTL Shrinking VBB.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, June 09, 2017
Reserved for Greenbadger, who picked it from the Shrinking VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Saturday, June 17, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (6/17/2017 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today to Greenbadger, who picked it from the INTL Shrinking VBB.
Enjoy!:)

Journal Entry 5 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 24, 2017
Chosen from the Shrinking VBB. Thanks very much Bookworm-lady!

Journal Entry 6 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 13, 2018
McCourt's horrific memoir of his dreadful childhood in Ireland, with alcoholic father, a full quota of strange relatives/neighbours, appalling living conditions and the consequent distressing childhood illnesses. This is entertainingly described and well-written, so I can see why it won the Pulitzer Prize. Somehow I failed to make an emotional connection to the story though, perhaps because the reader knows all along that McCourt is now successful and living in New York.

Journal Entry 7 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 15, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (10/15/2018 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Sent to Delphi_Reader from round 15 of the First Sentences VBB.

Journal Entry 8 by wingDelphi_Readerwing at Δελφοί - Delphi, Fokida Greece on Saturday, October 20, 2018
Wow! I'm aware of this book since donkey's years and I always wanted to read it, but somehow I haven't manage to do so till now. Maybe it's about time : )
Thank you very much Bookworm-lady for originally registering it and greenbadger for offering the book through the First Sentences Virtual BookBox (and for your beautiful postcard)! Much appreciated!

First Sentence: " My father and mother should have stayed in New York where they met and married and where I was born. "