The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint

by Brady Udall | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0099442094 Global Overview for this book
Registered by winglukutuoliwing of Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 1/19/2016
Journal Entry 1 by winglukutuoliwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Tuesday, January 19, 2016
"If I could tell you only one thing about my life it would be this: when I was seven years old the mailman ran over my head. As formative events go, nothing else comes close.

With these words Edgar Mint, half-Apache and mostly orphaned, makes his unshakable claim on our attention. In the course of Brady Udall’s high-spirited, inexhaustibly inventive novel, Edgar survives not just this bizarre accident, but a hellish boarding school for Native American orphans, a well-meaning but wildly dysfunctional Mormon foster-family, and the loss of most of the illusions that are supposed to make life bearable.

What persists is Edgar’s innate goodness, his belief in the redeeming power of language, and his determination to find and forgive the man who almost killed him. The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint is a miracle of storytelling, bursting with heartache and hilarity and inhabited by characters as outsized as the landscape of the American West."

Journal Entry 2 by winglukutuoliwing at Pyynikin näkötorni in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Thursday, April 18, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (4/18/2024 UTC) at Pyynikin näkötorni in Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Beside the window, near the entrance of the Pyynikki tower, there is a corner for released books. Enjoy!