The Silkworm: 2 (Cormoran Strike)

by robert galbraith | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingearthcaroleannewing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 1/15/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingearthcaroleannewing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, January 15, 2016
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Thank you for picking up this book. If you’re new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site (www.bookcrossing.com), please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join.

I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, earthcaroleanne, as your referring member. When you’ve finished reading this book and are ready to send it on its way again, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or a release note if you are leaving it “in the wild” again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You’ll be alerted by e mail each time someone makes another journal entry. And it’s confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Happy BookCrossings!

Journal Entry 2 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, January 15, 2016
When novelist Owen Quine goes missing, his wife calls in private detective Cormoran Strike. At first she just thinks he has gone off by himself for a few days and she wants Strike to find him and bring him home. But as Strike investigates, it becomes clear that there is more to Quine's disappearance. The novelist has just completed a manuscript featuring poisonous pen-portraits of almost everyone he knows. If the novel were published it would ruin lives - so there are a lot of people who might want to silence him. And when Quine is found brutally murdered in bizarre circumstances, it becomes a race against time to understand the motivation of a killer unlike any Strike has encountered before...

I am really enjoying this series and I am looking forward to getting the next one. I did find the references in Quine's book to everyone he knows a little confusing. I kept forgetting who was meant to be whom. Then there was the actually story in his book - quite revolting but in a strangely compulsive reading way. I like Comorant's story though.

Released 2 yrs ago (4/22/2017 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

Taking to the 2017 convention.

Journal Entry 4 by wingApoloniaXwing at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, April 23, 2017
Thank you so much for bringing this to Oslo.
I recently read The Cuckoo's Calling, so glad I have the next one now :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingApoloniaXwing at Lalitpur, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Monday, May 08, 2017
Quite a pageturner, just like The Cuckoo's Calling!
Hope Lethal White comes out soon.

Journal Entry 6 by wingApoloniaXwing at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (6/13/2017 UTC) at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal

Off to keeta1 for the wishlist tag game.
Hope you like it!

Journal Entry 7 by keeta1 at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Thursday, July 13, 2017
Thank you so much ApoloniaX for this book, which arrived in a freezing cold Auckland today. What a very well travelled book it is too :)
I enjoyed the first book in the series and hope to read this one quite soon.

Journal Entry 8 by keeta1 at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Tuesday, November 20, 2018
While I was searching for another book today, I came across this one, which I actually read some time ago. I must have put it in the box with others that have been read, without remembering to journal it (more and more senior moments!!).
I did enjoy it at the time and am looking forward to reading the third in the series soon.

Journal Entry 9 by keeta1 at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, March 03, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (3/3/2019 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Travelling to the winner of the Tea and Mystery sweep - Congratulations, enjoy the book shower :)

Journal Entry 10 by estelle1806 at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Monday, March 11, 2019
Thank you so much, keeta1, for granting my wish with this book and sending me nice tea bags, bookmark and lovely card!

Journal Entry 11 by estelle1806 at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, June 04, 2019
Liked this 2nd Cormoran Strike's book, although not as much as the first one. It was a bit confusing at times but the overall story is well thought. On to #3!

Released 1 mo ago (8/30/2019 UTC) at Bookcrossing Shelf Blanchardstown Library in Blanchardstown, Co. Dublin Ireland

Please let us know when you release it again...