corner corner To Fetch a Thief: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series)

by Spencer Quinn | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 1/13/2016

status (set by perryfran): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Book #3 in the Chet and Bernie Mystery series:

In the third book in the brilliant New York Times bestselling series featuring a lovable and wise dog narrator, Chet and Bernie go under the big top to solve the most unlikely missing persons (and animals!) case ever.

We were outnumbered, some big number against two. When it comes to numbers, two is as far as I go, but it's enough, in my opinion. . . .

'Sit,' Bernie said.

I sat. Bernie would think of something - he always did. That was one of the things that made the Little Detective Agency such a success, except for the finances part . . .

Chet has smelled a lot of unusual things in his years as trusted companion and partner to P.I. Bernie Little, but nothing has prepared him for the exotic scents he encounters when an old-fashioned traveling circus comes to town. Bernie scores tickets to this less-than-greatest- show-on-earth because his son Charlie is crazy about elephants. The only problem is that Peanut, the headlining pachyderm of this particular one-ring circus, has gone missing - along with her trainer, Uri DeLeath. Stranger still, no one saw them leave. How does an elephant vanish without a trace?

At first there's nothing Bernie and Chet can do - it's a police matter and they have no standing in the case. But then they're hired by Popo the Clown, who has his own reasons for wanting to find out what has become of the mysteriously missing duo. After Chet takes a few sniffs in Peanut's trailer and picks up her one-of-a-kind scent, he and Bernie are in hot pursuit, heading far away from the bright lights of the traveling show and into the dark desert night.

Some very dangerous people would prefer that Chet and Bernie disappear for good and will go to any lengths to make that happen. Across the border in Mexico and separated from Bernie, Chet must use all his natural strength and doggy smarts to try to save himself - not to mention Bernie and a decidedly uncooperative Peanut, too.

I found this in a Little Free Library in Acworth Georgia, it looked cute so I'm going to read it and pass it on.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, March 10, 2016

I decided not to read this one, I just have way too many to read right now. Reserved for a bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, July 01, 2016

This book is reserved for: Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, February 01, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (2/1/2018 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Perryfran from the Mystery VBB. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingperryfranwing at Elk Grove, California USA on Thursday, February 08, 2018

Selected from the Mystery VBB. Thanks!