A Virtuous Woman

by Kaye Gibbons | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by herebedragons of Cotati, California USA on 2/23/2004
Journal Entry 1 by herebedragons from Cotati, California USA on Monday, February 23, 2004
Former Oprah's Book Club selection.

Journal Entry 2 by herebedragons at Post Office on Alcosta in San Ramon, California USA on Thursday, February 26, 2004
Release planned for Friday, February 27, 2004 at Post Office on Alcosta in San Ramon, California USA.

Journal Entry 3 by TheHawaiiKat from San Ramon, California USA on Sunday, February 29, 2004
ry 27, 2004 about 1:15pm I just got done having lunch with a co-worker and decided to check my P.O. Box in San Ramon. I walked over to a small counter that also houses a trash bin. I was very happy to run across the four books sitting on this small counter. I read the sticker "I'm Free! I'm not lost! And I was intrigued. It put a smile on my face. "How Cool!" I thought. I took two of the books: "The Reader" and "A Virtuous Woman."

I was actually in a book reading type of mood the day I ran across the four books. I did take two and I hope that was okay. I felt a little greedy. I thought is this for real I wonder if anyone is watching that I'm taking two books! I get a bit paranoid. There was a man standing next to me. I took the two books because the title of each captured me. The other "The Reader" was also recommended by Oprah's Book Club. How could I go wrong!

I'll make sure after I read these treasures that I release the books into others' hands. What a great idea! I will probably get some books to release into the wild myself :) I hope to order and read some books that inspire me personally and share it with others.

I do hope the two books I selected will have some special message for me. I think that way since I came across them in a very different way! Kind of mysterious and exciting.

I've never heard of this www.bookcrossing.com. I will peruse their web site next.

I am on chapter 5 of "A Virtuous Woman" now and am enjoying it very much. I'll write more later on each book when I'm done reading.

Take care and thank you for leaving the books where I could find them "herebedragons!"

Kat

Released on Saturday, April 10, 2004 at Hawaii Airline terminal in San Francisco Intl. Airport, California USA.

I was waiting for a our delayed departing flight. I had planned to leave the book at the airport all along. Great place to read a book waiting for flight. Packed it and left on the little table next to the chairs in the boarding area (don't know the gate#)

Sorry for the delay setting the book free. I hope someone will pickup at the airport, read and set it free. I have one more book to read! Thanks!