corner corner Messenger of Truth: A Maisie Dobbs Novel

Messenger of Truth: A Maisie Dobbs Novel
by Jacqueline Winspear | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingstarrdustwing of Cookstown, Ontario Canada on 1/1/2016

status (set by starrdust): permanent collection

Journal Entry 1 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 01, 2016

Fourth book in the Maisie Dobbs series. From the back cover:"London, 1931. On the night before the opening of his new and much-anticipated exhibition at a famed Mayfair gallery, Nicholas Bassington-Hope falls to his death. The police declare it an accident, but the dead man's twin sister, Georgina, isn't convinced. When the authorities refuse to conduct further investigations and instead close the case, Georgina takes matters into her own hands, seeking out a fellow graduate from Girton College: Maisie Dobbs, psychologist and investigator."

Journal Entry 2 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 01, 2016

I'm so excited to have received a couple more books in the Maisie Dobbs series as Christmas gifts! Starting this one, which is the fourth in the series, today on January 1, 2016. A good way to start off the New Year!

Journal Entry 3 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 23, 2016

Finished this book today - the fourth in the series of Maisie Dobbs, psychological investigator in the 1930's following her involvement as a nurse in World War I. This book was a joy to read, beautifully written and thought provoking as the tale unfolded of the impact to individuals and families following the Great War.

Journal Entry 4 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 03, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (2/3/2018 UTC) at Cookstown, Ontario Canada

Passed this book on to my sister, Maranlin, this morning. It is the next in the series for her to read.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 04, 2018

This book was passed on to me by my sister, starrdust. I am really liking the Maisie Dobbs series and appreciate the loan of this book. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 6 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, May 17, 2018

This was another good book in the Maisie Dobbs series. It kept me reading and wondering the outcome right to the end - a real page turner and hard to put down. I also like the way the author weaves in the sub plots involving Lizzie Beale and Andrew Dene.

Journal Entry 7 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, June 16, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (6/16/2018 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

Returned this book to my sister, starrdust. Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 17, 2018

So glad that you enjoyed this Maisie Dobbs book, Maranlin!