A feast of freedom

by Leonard Wibberley | Humor | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winterwren of Seattle, Washington USA on 2/23/2004
Journal Entry 1 by winterwren from Seattle, Washington USA on Monday, February 23, 2004
a humorous story by the author of The Mouse That Roared

Released on Sunday, March 07, 2004 at Cloud City Coffee 8801 Roosevelt Way NE in Seattle, Washington USA.

on BookCrossing shelf

Journal Entry 3 by rwhe from Kent, Washington USA on Sunday, October 10, 2004
Yow! I've read four of the five Grand Fenwick / Mouse That Roared books (everything but _Beware of the Mouse_, the medieval prequel), and I just cannot resist Leonard Wibberley. Everything I've read points to his having been a humane and sensible person.

Egad, though! You couldn't tell that from the 1965 period cover of this paperback depicting a grinning, dark-skinned cannibal, complete with a bone through his nose and a spear. I certainly didn't judge this book by its cover (else I wouldn't have caught it), but I think I'll put a wrapper on it before I read it at work.

Who knows? Wibberley was certainly to the right of me -- what else should I expect from a monarchist? A charming monarchist, to be sure, and the Republic of Omo Lau looks to be a sort of Grand Fenwick in the South Pacific.

We'll see. I'll certainly report back here when I'm done.