K-Pax

by Gene Brewer | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by short-rach of Hucknall, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 2/22/2004
Journal Entry 1 by short-rach from Hucknall, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 22, 2004
From the back cover -

When a man who claims to be from Outer Space is brought into the Manhatten Institute, the mental health ward seems to be just the place for him. However this patient is unlike anyone that psychiatrist Dr. Gene Brewer has had under his care before. Calling himself 'prot', he has no traceable background but says he is an inhabitant of the planet K-PAX, a perfect world without wars, government or religion and where every being coexists in perfect harmony. Setting a departure date - August 17th at 3.31am - on which he plans to return home on a beam of light, 'prot' keeps us guessing right up to the end.

Rachel thought - excellent start to the trilogy. Yes you'll be kept guessing and maybe you'll even be pleasantly surprised at the outcome and frustrated at the 'system' at the same time.

A joy to read, unputdownable, some real laugh out loud moments. Read it AND see the movie!! Thoroughly recommended.

Journal Entry 2 by short-rach at Post Office in By Post, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, February 29, 2004
Release planned for Monday, March 01, 2004 at Post Office in By Post, By Post Controlled Releases.

Heading off as a RABCK. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Deerskin from Aberystwyth, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, March 05, 2004
Recieved today - thanks! I am really looking forward to this one, have seen the film and loved it!

Journal Entry 4 by Deerskin from Aberystwyth, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 14, 2004
What a great book! I would highly recommend it, and the film by the same name which, if I remember rightly, follows the book pretty closely.
Prot is a great character and I found myself wanting to believe him - his world seems so much better and his thoughts so much more logical than Dr. Brewer - it's a really interesting look at how we think, and how much power there can be in belief. Excellent. I'll be looking out for the next book.

Journal Entry 5 by b3lo on Saturday, April 09, 2005
The book arrived in the mail yesterday!
I've also seen the movie and liked it! OK is now officially on my tbr pile. So YAY!
Thanks!

Journal Entry 6 by b3lo at by mail in send to a fellow bookcrosser, Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Released 14 yrs ago (8/22/2006 UTC) at by mail in send to a fellow bookcrosser, Bookring -- Controlled Releases

to BettyBoekwurm in portugal

hope you'll like it

Journal Entry 7 by BettyBoekwurm from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Thursday, August 24, 2006
Received today!

I have the sequel to this book, but I've never read it because I wanted to try and read the first one. Well, now I can get down to reading them both! Cool! Plus I saw the movie and really enjoyed it.

Thanks!

Journal Entry 8 by BettyBoekwurm from Porto - City, Porto Portugal on Wednesday, May 09, 2007
Finally got around to reading this book and really enjoyed it. I'd enjoyed the movie, but I think the book has a totally different feel to it. I can't quite explain it.

I'll read the sequel soon and then maybe make a ring or ray with the two of them.