Demon Thief (The Demonata, Book 2)

by Darren Shan | Horror |
ISBN: 0007193238 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Andrea99 of Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on 12/19/2015
Journal Entry 1 by Andrea99 from Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Saturday, December 19, 2015
Bought from a charity shop in George Street, Hove on 19th December 2015

Journal Entry 2 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Monday, July 11, 2016
This book introduces Kernel Fleck, the bald misfit teenager living in a small town with his parents and baby brother, wishing he could make friends. He sees lights that nobody else can see. Sometimes they pulse and he can move them into shapes....... and sometimes demons come through and kill people....... and steal his baby brother......

An exciting story with another chess game at the end - and also meet Dervish O'Grady again.

Journal Entry 3 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Saturday, July 16, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (7/16/2016 UTC) at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom

Handed to a friend to read before I send out to another friend!!!

Journal Entry 4 by Bibley at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Friday, July 22, 2016
Given to me by a fellow bookcrosser to read before handing it back.

Journal Entry 5 by Bibley at Horley, Surrey United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 03, 2016
Read, I will be handing this book back to my colleague.

Journal Entry 6 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Friday, August 05, 2016
Returned to me today in readiness to be posted on.....!

Journal Entry 7 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Saturday, August 06, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (8/6/2016 UTC) at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom

Mailed to a fellow bookcrosser for reading - hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 8 by McPig at on Sunday, August 14, 2016
found it in my mail earlier this week
Thanks Andrea99

Journal Entry 9 by McPig at on Monday, February 27, 2017
I had some trouble getting into the first book in this series, but this one was a lot better in my opinion.

The plot is simple and the big reveal for Kernel was something everyone could see coming from miles away, but the story is fun and full of action. I liked Kernel and he picks up some interesting characters on his quest through demon-filled territory.

At times the action almost overshadowed the (already flimsy) plot, but it was well written and entertaining, so I didn't mind.

I still think the Zom-B series is Shan's best work so far, but I'm a zombie addict. I will most certainly pick up the next book in this series soon.