NOS4A2: A Novel

Registered by BookyMcBooks of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 12/12/2015
Journal Entry 1 by BookyMcBooks from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 12, 2015
OK, it's official. I'm a Joe Hill super fan.

Every part of N0S4A2 hit the mark for me: the characters (especially Victoria and Manx), the world-building, the suspense. I was gripped for the whole 692 pages. This is my kind of horror book.

Side note: The audiobook version is excellent. Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway!) does the best reading of any book I have listened to.

Journal Entry 2 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, December 12, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (12/12/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Bringing to the Calgary December BookCrossing meetup.

Journal Entry 3 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, December 13, 2015
Picked up this book at the Calgary BookCrossing December meet-up. I've never read anything by Joe Hill before, but this looks good.

Journal Entry 4 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, January 14, 2016
This was a really good book, but jeez, is it long. I think it could have been a bit shorter, but maybe I just like plots that are a bit more succinct. Aside from that, Manx is creepy as heck. I'm glad I didn't read this around Christmas; it would have spoiled the mood of the holiday. I also enjoyed the whole magic totem thing that Vic and Maggie have. The idea that this power you have, which can help people, can also take away something from you each time you use it, is a different approach.

Oh, and my favourite exchange in the novel happens between Lou and a male nurse. Lou notices the guy has a Serenity tattoo and he quotes Wash's infamous "I'm a leaf on the wind..." line, and the male nurse stops him from finishing because he might cry if he hears the rest. Yeah, so true.

Journal Entry 5 by locker-monster at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 12, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (2/13/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Passing this book on to the next reader at the Calgary BookCrossing February meet-up.

Journal Entry 6 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, February 13, 2016
Picked up at the February meet up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 7 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, February 21, 2016
Sorry, I didn't get very far in this book. Just not my cup of tea.

Journal Entry 8 by wingfraculawing at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 12, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/12/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Released at the March 2016 meet-up of Calgary BookCrossers, held at Cravings Market Restaurant.

Journal Entry 9 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 14, 2016
Well - picked this up at the March meet up at Cravings. Good to see everyone again!

Journal Entry 10 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, February 02, 2018
I got to page 241. Actually I was listening to this downloaded version. I get creeped out by this. I hate that it is making Christmas feel awful for me. I just can't finish it. Not even to see how the car wreak turns out. I'm done.

Journal Entry 11 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, March 10, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/10/2018 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking to the March meeting at Cravings.

Journal Entry 12 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 11, 2018
Picked this up at the March BookCrossing meeting.

Journal Entry 13 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, April 07, 2019
Just couldn't get into this perhaps the size of it put me off. As there are other people on the list will bring it back to continue on it's journey.

Journal Entry 14 by MoomaOma at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 08, 2019

Released 1 wk ago (6/8/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the June BookCrossing meeting to be enjoyed by the next reader.

Journal Entry 15 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 08, 2019
Picked up at the June meeting!