The Best of Me (Movie Tie-In)

by Nicholas Sparks | Romance |
Registered by wingNancyNovawing of Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on 12/6/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingNancyNovawing from Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Sunday, December 06, 2015
from the TLC book sale.

From my copy's notes
Good up until the ending. Good girl Amanda falls in love with wrong side of the tracks Dawson in high school. Her parents broke them up, and now back in town 25 years later for a friend's funeral, they meet up again. The resolution without breaking up Amanda's marriage is too trite and scripted for my taste.

Journal Entry 2 by wingNancyNovawing at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Saturday, December 26, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (12/26/2015 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

A wishlist book. Enjoy!

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. I would love it if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it. Then, when you are ready, pass it along for someone else to enjoy! Thanks and happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Thanks for the RABCK. A book from my wishlist!

Journal Entry 4 by dabercro at Clinton, Utah USA on Thursday, March 10, 2016
I enjoyed this book and found it hard to put down. Amanda and Dawson were from opposite sides of the track and fell deeply in love in high school. After their breakup, their lives went in different directions. Amanda and Dawson are reunited in their old hometown for a funeral twenty-five years later. Are the sparks still there and what about the lives they are living now? Like the previous journaller, the ending felt contrived to give Amanda resolution. I must admit, I saw the ending coming. All in all, I still enjoyed this book.

Journal Entry 5 by dabercro at another bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (6/9/2016 UTC) at another bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Passing on to Aberpeter when I visit her.

Journal Entry 6 by Aberpeter at Kirkland, Washington USA on Saturday, June 11, 2016