Can Jane Eyre Be Happy?: More Puzzles in Classic Fiction (Oxford World's Classics)

by J. A. Sutherland | Nonfiction |
ISBN: 019283309X Global Overview for this book
Registered by winglytteltonwitchwing of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 12/3/2015
Journal Entry 1 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, December 03, 2015
The charity barn was selling books at only 10 cents each so I couldn't resist.

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, December 19, 2015
Grabbed out of Lytteltonwitch's bag of books at the Bookcrossing Christmas party last night.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 3 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, March 06, 2016
I haven't read all of the books discussed, but I knew enough about most of them to be able to follow the arguments. I liked that Sutherland concluded that the answer to some of the literary puzzles is just "the author made a mistake" - nice to know that not even the great authors get it right every time :-)

Journal Entry 4 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, March 20, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/19/2016 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to another bookcrosser at yesterday's meetup.

^ ^