I Quit Sugar for Life

London Street Art 2014
by Sarah Wilson | Cooking, Food & Wine |
Registered by wingjax987654321wing of Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom on 5/5/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingjax987654321wing from Ealing, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, May 05, 2019
I picked this up at a charity book table. I have had a look through and it has some sensible advice. It does however have some significant flaws, a major one is that by sugar she is talking purely of fructose (so not glucose, although her recipes don't contain this) She advocates giving up fruit, which is a shame given the dietary fibre and nutrients that are contained in fruit, not to forget the flavour that fruit adds to foods. She also misses the fact that some veggies (carrots and pumpkin in particular) convert to sugar when cooked. (I learnt this when I had a diabetic hamster and tried to feed the little darling!) She is not as faddy diet as some, she does recognise that just because a sugar is unrefined it doesn't make it sugar free. I did look to see if there were some good tips I could use given that I am strictly gluten free, however most of her recipes contain specialist foods (raw cocao)

Journal Entry 2 by wingjax987654321wing at - somewhere in London in London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (10/2/2019 UTC) at - somewhere in London in London, Greater London United Kingdom

released after a book meetup