Living to Tell the Tale

by Gabriel Garcia Marquez | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 0141019425 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Shelagh65 of York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 11/24/2015
Journal Entry 1 by Shelagh65 from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 24, 2015
What more can I say? The autobiography of Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel Prize-winning author, provides constant reflections of the characters and Colombia that feature in his novels, and is as interesting as any of them.

Journal Entry 2 by LNicoll at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, March 24, 2018
Took me a while to get through this as although it is a memoir it felt very meandering and confused. Still enjoyed it though - GGM has had an interesting life and is obviously a born story teller.

Journal Entry 3 by Ginyorden at York, Bookcrossing Meetup -- Controlled Releases on Friday, August 10, 2018
Still reading...

Journal Entry 4 by Ginyorden at York, Bookcrossing Meetup -- Controlled Releases on Monday, August 27, 2018
Gabrial Garcia Marquez has certainy had an intersting life which he can recount in great details. I must admit to getting all the names of his friends mixed up at times, especially with the time skips that seemed to occur.

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 29, 2018
One of three books I brought home from the Brigantes bar in York when swapping a few books there lunchtime, chosen because I've thoroughly enjoyed the novels I've read by this author and because I aim to read two or three nonfictions a month so always keep my eyes open for interesting possibilities, which this looks to be, despite its hefty, rather daunting length!

Journal Entry 6 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 10, 2019
I'm pleased I've read this, although it's taken me weeks, and I'm not sure how much I'll remember about the author or his country of Colombia in the turbulent years of the mid-20th century.
It's good, interesting, fascinating, and other similar positive adjectives - but also dense and intense, such that I couldn't read many pages at a time. Some days I didn't pick it up at all. Others I kept reading on and off all day.

Journal Entry 7 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Topcliffe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 15, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (4/15/2019 UTC) at Topcliffe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

In the post to a BookCrossing friend with my best wishes and regrets that we didn't get in meet in Leeds as planned last weekend :-(

Well over a million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over twelve million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!

Journal Entry 8 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, April 19, 2019
Received with thanks. You were a miss in Leeds :-(