corner corner Letters from Skye

Letters from Skye
by Jessica Brockmole | Literature & Fiction
Registered by starrdust of Cookstown, Ontario Canada on 11/21/2015

status (set by Maranlin): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by starrdust from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, November 21, 2015

From the back cover:"Elspeth Dunn, a published poet living on the Isle of Skye, answers her first fan letter from Davey Graham, an impetuous young man in Illinois. Without having to worry about appearances or expectations, Elspeth and Davey confess their hopes, dreams and fears, things they"ve never told another soul. Even without meeting, they know one another. But as World War I engulfs Europe and Davey volunteers as an ambulance driver on the Western front, Elspeth can only wait on Skye, anxious for his return; wondering if they"ll ever get a chance to meet."

Journal Entry 2 by starrdust at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 28, 2017

Starting to read this book today.

Journal Entry 3 by starrdust at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, December 30, 2017

Finished reading this lovely book today - - I just couldn't put it down. What a wonderful story of hope and love to end the year with. The entire story is told through letters written, alternating between World War I and World War II. This story of love touches the heart and brings tears to the eyes.

Journal Entry 4 by starrdust at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, February 03, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (2/3/2018 UTC) at Cookstown, Ontario Canada

Passed this book on to my sister, Maranlin, today as I'm sure that she'll enjoy reading this one as much as I did.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 04, 2018

This book was given to me today by my sister, starrdust. It looks like the sort of book I will enjoy reading and I look forward to it. Thanks so much!