Shakespeare's Christmas (Lily Bard Mysteries, Book 3)

by Charlaine Harris | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingeponine38wing of Winchester, Massachusetts USA on 11/28/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingeponine38wing from Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, November 28, 2015
Amazon:
Even in a sleepy Arkansas town, the holidays can be murder.

Lily Bard is going home for the holidays. More comfortable in baggy sweats than bridesmaid's frills, Lily isn't thrilled about attending her estranged sister's wedding. She has moved to Shakespeare, Arkansas, to start a new life, cleaning houses for a living, trying to forget the violence that once nearly destroyed her. Now she's heading back to home and hearth--just in time for murder.

The town's doctor and nurse have been bludgeoned to death at the office. And Lily's detective boyfriend suddenly shows up at her parents' door. Jack Leeds is investigating an eight-year-old kidnapping and the trail leads straight to Lily's hometown. It just might have something to do with the murders...and her sister's widowed fiancé. With only three days before the wedding, Lily must work fast to clean up the messy case before her sister commits...marriage!

Journal Entry 2 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, November 28, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (11/28/2015 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Traveling along with a couple other books to fulfill some wishes. :-) Hope you like them!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, December 03, 2015
Thank you so much for thinking of me! I know I will enjoy reading more about Lily Bard.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, August 31, 2017
My Review: In this book, Lily Bard goes back home to be in her sister's wedding. There are a lot of bad memories for her and trying to come to terms with them and deal with the wedding chaos is hard for her to handle. Fortunately her boyfriend PI Jack Leeds comes to visit, unfortunately he's working on a job that might involve her future brother in law. Personally, I was shocked that in this small town the news of 3 murders was not talked about, maybe the townspeople were trying to avoid scary topics with the family of a woman about to get married. It was just weird.

Really hard to put this down after I started reading it. I love the Lily character, she's flawed, but her strength and determination show through, because she's a survivor.