Silent Nights: Christmas Mysteries (British Library Crime Classics)

by Martin Edwards | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 071235610X Global Overview for this book
Registered by Anne-Elliott of Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on 11/18/2015
Journal Entry 1 by Anne-Elliott from Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 18, 2015
Amazon Synopsis:

Christmas is a mysterious, as well as magical, time of year. Strange things can happen, and this helps to explain the hallowed tradition of telling ghost stories around the fireside as the year draws to a close. Christmas tales of crime and detection have a similar appeal. When television becomes tiresome, and party games pall, the prospect of curling up in the warm with a good mystery is enticing - and much better for the digestion than yet another helping of plum pudding. Crime writers are just as susceptible as readers to the countless attractions of Christmas. Over the years, many distinguished practitioners of the genre have given one or more of their stories a Yuletide setting. The most memorable Christmas mysteries blend a lively storyline with an atmospheric evocation of the season. Getting the mixture right is much harder than it looks.This book introduces readers to some of the finest Christmas detective stories of the past. Martin Edwards' selection blends festive pieces from much-loved authors with one or two stories which are likely to be unfamiliar even to diehard mystery fans. The result is a collection of crime fiction to savour, whatever the season.

Journal Entry 2 by Anne-Elliott at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 30, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (12/2/2015 UTC) at Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom

Released to the winner of my Christmas RABCK. Hope you enjoy these mysteries!

Journal Entry 3 by Lubiette at Kallithea, Attica Greece on Tuesday, December 08, 2015
I received the brand new copy of Silent Nights with a lovely Christmas card, my first this year actually, and a beautiful "angel pen", wow... Thank you so much Anne-Elliott, the Christmas spirit entered home today :)

Journal Entry 4 by Lubiette at Kallithea, Attica Greece on Saturday, December 26, 2015
Delightful crime short stories to be read, imperatively, at Christmas time :) A very enjoyable and recommendable read.

Journal Entry 5 by Lubiette at Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, December 23, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (12/23/2016 UTC) at Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

From the wishlist tag game, happy reading !

Journal Entry 6 by winglinguistkriswing at Remscheid, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, December 31, 2016
Thank you, Lubiette! I originally put this on my wishlist because I enjoyed Anne-Elliott's previous Christmas RABCK, Mystery in White.
Personally, I adhere to the persuasion that Christmas books (and gingerbread, and other seasonal treats :)) can be enjoyed until the daffodils are out and the other signs of spring cannot be ignored any longer, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this just as much in the new year. :)