Wish You Were Here: A Mrs. Murphy Mystery

by Rita Mae Brown | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingKafka1954wing of Deurne, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on 11/11/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingKafka1954wing from Deurne, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Curiosity just might be the death of Mrs. Murphy--and her human companion, Mary Minor "Harry" Haristeen. Small towns are like families: Everyone lives very close together. . .and everyone keeps secrets. Crozet, Virginia, is a typical small town-until its secrets explode into murder. Crozet's thirty-something post-mistress, Mary Minor "Harry" Haristeen, has a tiger cat (Mrs. Murphy) and a Welsh Corgi (Tucker), a pending divorce, and a bad habit of reading postcards not addressed to her. When Crozet's citizens start turning up murdered, Harry remembers that each received a card with a tombstone on the front and the message "Wish you were here" on the back. Intent on protecting their human friend, Mrs. Murphy and Tucker begin to scent out clues. Meanwhile, Harry is conducting her own investigation, unaware her pets are one step ahead of her. If only Mrs. Murphy could alert her somehow, Harry could uncover the culprit before the murder occurs--and before Harry finds herself on the killer's mailing list.

Journal Entry 2 by wingKafka1954wing at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (7/7/2019 UTC) at BC Meeting 2019 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Bye, book! Come, let's go to Castricum, where Hendrickje is waiting for you!

Journal Entry 3 by Hendrickje at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, July 8, 2019
This is one of the books I took home I am most curious about. A cat and a detective solving murders! I love it.

Journal Entry 4 by Hendrickje at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, January 11, 2020
In the first few pages I met with 50 or so people and animals and all their peculiarities. Honestly. If I have ever been able to deal with such quantities of characters in a book, I no longer can. Apart from that it was rather humourous.

I will pass the book on.

Journal Entry 5 by Hendrickje at OBCZ-Westerpark in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, January 17, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at OBCZ-Westerpark in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

To the BC New Year's Gathering 2020 in Amsterdam

Journal Entry 6 by Talamasca at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, February 29, 2020
Took it with me from the newyearsmeeting.
Same reason, A cat solving murders? How cool!
Will have to see if I can deal with the multitude of characters ... tbc...