Lily Dale: The Town That Talks to the Dead (Plus)

by Christine Wicker | History | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTanamowing of Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on 11/10/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingTanamowing from Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 10, 2015
In Lily Dale, New York, the dead don't die. Instead, they flit among the elms and stroll along the streets. According to Spiritualist who have ruled this community for five generations, the spirits never go away - and they stay anything but quiet. Every summer twenty thousand guests come to consult the town's mediums in hope of communicating with dead relatives or catching a glimpse of the future. Weaving past with present, the living with the dead, award winning journalist and best selling author Christine Wicker investigates the longings for love and connection that draws visitors to "the Dale", introducing us to a colourful cast of characters along the way - including such famous visitors as Susan B. Anthony, Harry Houdini and Mae West. Laugh-out-loud funny at times, this honest portrayal shows us that ultimately it doesn't matter what we believe, it is belief itself that can transform us all.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 03, 2018
A journalist is sent to investigate Lily Dale but she just doesn't do an article for her paper. She goes there many times and ends up writing this 'warts and all' book. Some things she pooh poohs and some things she can't explain but I have no doubt that her time at Lily Dale has left it's mark on her and all for the best.

Journal Entry 3 by wingTanamowing at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, January 05, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (1/5/2018 UTC) at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom

Mailed to another bookcrosser via the wishlist tag game.

Journal Entry 4 by HerbertLooby at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, January 18, 2018
Thanks so much for tagging me!

Released 1 yr ago (12/4/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

It's your lucky day because you found a travelling book- congratulations!

If you found this book, great! and thanks for coming to the site to journal it. I hope you enjoy BookCrossing as much as I do and this book adds to the fun :-)