As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust (Flavia de Luce Mysteries)

by Alan Bradley, C. Alan Bradley | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingFlorence71wing of Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on 11/9/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingFlorence71wing from Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Monday, November 09, 2015
Dernier paru de la série "Flavia de Luce". A lire dans les prochains mois dans le cadre du "Bingo 2016" - catégorie livre dont le héros est un ado / un enfant.

Journal Entry 2 by wingFlorence71wing at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Flavia is very smart, and again in this novel surprising ! Even if she is far away from home, she resolves mystery. Send to a Finland Bookcrosser which has it on his wish list.

Journal Entry 3 by wingFlorence71wing at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France on Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/12/2016 UTC) at Fontenay-sous-Bois, Ile-de-France France

Finished sooner than I expected, fly little book to Finland. Enjoy !

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, April 24, 2016
Wow! The book is already here. I am sure I'll enjoy it.
Thank you very much for the book, Florence71!

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, April 16, 2018
Soon I'll get to reading this book. I have only one book left in the series before this one. I love this series!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, June 02, 2018
I enjoyed reading this book even if not quite as much as reading the earlier books in this series. I think Flavia works better at home. Somehow the secret NIDE association seemed too unreal to me. On the other hand there are all kind of secret or exclusive societies in real life too, like Free Masons, Lions Clubs, Zontas, Rotaries, CIA, KGB etc.
One evening Flavia stood on her head in the bed her heels against the wall. That's what we used to do in the orphanage when I was six years old. Me and my two brothers spent half a year at an orphanage after my father's death. We returned home when my school began. I wonder if standing on one's head in the bed in the evening is an habitual pasttime for institutioned children. Or moving one's head from side to side on the pillow like the little ones did?

This is my book #77 in the Reduce Mount TBR 2018 -challence by Dove-i-libri.

Book #69 in the 2018 Keep Them Moving -challence by Booklady331

Journal Entry 7 by wingkirjakkowing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, June 07, 2018
Picked the book up from Annelis together with some French and Italian books I am supposed to release next week on the shores of the Sea of Liguria. This one I will read (I don't read Italian or French). Thanks!