The Chrome Suite

by Sandra Birdsell | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by mcbeth of Miami, Florida USA on 2/19/2004
Journal Entry 1 by mcbeth from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, February 19, 2004
Description from Amazon.com: "Set in Manitoba, Sandra Birdsell’s spellbinding novel reaches back nearly four decades into the life of scriptwriter Amy Barber. In a journey shadowed by the future and the past, Amy travels by car from Toronto to Winnipeg with her younger lover, and reconstructs the events that brought her to where she is today. As the narrative moves from a small town during one extraordinarily hot summer at the close of the fifties when a death changes everything, to the sixties and seventies when Amy marries, goes to live in the city, and begins to have reason to fear for her young son’s well-being, Sandra Birdsell uncovers the inadvertent damage that can be done within the most well-meaning of families. Vivid, darkly humorous, erotic, The Chrome Suite is an emotionally charged story of darkness and light that evokes the sometimes dangerous territory of the past."

I haven't read this book but I'm trying to clear up some space on my bookshelves and hope somebody else will enjoy it.

Journal Entry 2 by mcbeth at Hair Cuttery on US1 near SW 136th St in Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, February 24, 2004
Released on Tuesday, February 24, 2004 at Hair Cuttery on US1 near SW 136th St in Miami, Florida USA.

On the magazine table in the waiting area.

Journal Entry 3 by avila from Pinecrest, Florida USA on Wednesday, February 25, 2004
I am very excited! I found this book today. I do not know this author, but in the reviews in the book, Margaret Atwood was mentioned and I just read one of her books. I was looking for a book, so I will start it tonight.