corner corner SuperGuy

SuperGuy
by Kurt Clopton | Humor
Registered by wingGreyflankwing of Brick, New Jersey USA on 10/19/2017

status (set by Greyflank): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingGreyflankwing from Brick, New Jersey USA on Thursday, October 19, 2017

Purchased for a review with UNDERGROUND BOOK REVIEW

Journal Entry 2 by wingGreyflankwing at Brick, New Jersey USA on Monday, October 23, 2017

4.5 Stars from Underground Book Reviews

Here’s the great thing about SuperGuy… the premise smells like KickAss and the Greatest American Hero combined, but it’s neither. It comes out as something better.

The slapstick and violence are actually tastefully minimized. The superhero cliches are handled well with perfectly selected, coordinated lampshades. I can’t stress how well the internal logic of the superhero and government relationships are handled, but then all the relationships are handled super well. Every human interaction is funny but without cost to the internal logic of this universe’s rules. You can believe in everyone in this story.

It’s rare for me to find a novel where the humor is handled so deftly and so consistently. It’s a smooth ride of smirks and chuckles and if there’s a flaw in the story, it might be that there are no big superbelly laugh payoffs. But, it’s not really that type of funny.

I like the romance in the story and I like that it’s soft and not a heavy plot point. I like that the girl he is seeing is a better and stronger superhero than he is. I like that he respects her and that he goes to her for help and (most especially) I like that he does it without whining.

You can read the full review at: https://www.undergroundbookreviews.org/review-of-superguy-by-kurt-klopton/

Journal Entry 3 by wingGreyflankwing at Little Free Library in Red Bank, New Jersey USA on Friday, November 03, 2017

Released 2 wks ago (11/3/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library in Red Bank, New Jersey USA

This is a Memorial Release For Teddy Sexton.

Teddy passed away July 24, 2012. Since then, I've given myself the job of spreading the books he left behind as if they were his ashes. Not all of the books I'm releasing during this time were his; but the bulk have been. I still have many, many of his books left to share.

******

To the finder of this book, please enjoy it. Please share it with someone. Please help it travel. Thanks!