What Alice Forgot

by Liane Moriarty | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingkeeta1wing of Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on 10/26/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingkeeta1wing from Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Monday, October 26, 2015
Alice Love is twenty-nine, crazy about her husband, and pregnant with her first child.

So imagine Alice’s surprise when she comes to on the floor of a gym (a gym! She HATES the gym) and is whisked off to the hospital where she discovers the honeymoon is truly over — she’s getting divorced, she has three kids, and she’s actually 39 years old. Alice must reconstruct the events of a lost decade, and find out whether it’s possible to reconstruct her life at the same time. She has to figure out why her sister hardly talks to her, and how is it that she’s become one of those super skinny moms with really expensive clothes. Ultimately, Alice must discover whether forgetting is a blessing or a curse, and whether it’s possible to start over…

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Sunday, January 06, 2019
Congratulations on winning the sweep!

Journal Entry 3 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, January 06, 2019

Released 8 mos ago (1/6/2019 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Travelling to the winner of a sweep. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy the book :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingFemke85wing at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden on Friday, January 18, 2019
Thanks for this book. I’ve read some books by this author before and I liked them, so curious to read this one. The description sounds interesting. I’ll probably move this one on top of my TBR pile ;)

Journal Entry 5 by wingFemke85wing at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden on Wednesday, January 23, 2019
This was a nice read.

Alice bumps her head during a step aerobics class, opens her eyes and thinks it’s 1998 in stead of 2008. She basically loses 10 years worth of memories and has the mind of a 29 year old stuck in the body and life of a 39 year old. Suddenly she has kids she doesn’t remember, she is getting divorced from a husband that she still adores and she has an akward relationship with her sister who suddenly became a bitter person. I really liked how this isn’t the story about an extraordinary life. It is really about how a lot of small (and big) things over the span of 10 years can totally change a person.

I’ll try to find a new home for this book soon.

5 feb: reserved for the Woman in fiction VBB

Journal Entry 6 by wingFemke85wing at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden on Monday, August 19, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (8/19/2019 UTC) at Uppsala, Uppland Sweden

picked from the VBB while I was away on holiday. Now it’s the book’s turn to travel!

I always try to post my controlled releases with real stamps. As you entered the stamps sweeps that I’m currently organising (sign-up still open) i hope the parcel arrives in time so you might be able to add all these stamps to your envelope for the winner of the sweeps.

Journal Entry 7 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Friday, August 23, 2019
Oh what a joy! So many stamps, what a wonderful surprise :-) I did collect stamps myself years ago but now pass any that come my way to those i know will appreciate them. Yes they will be added to the package.

As for the book I read one of Liane's novels on holiday and enjoyed her writing style so I was happy to see this listed on the VBB. It may be some time until I get to it but I look forward to then :-)