Every Man for Himself

by Beryl Bainbridge | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingkinediwing of Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on 10/21/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingkinediwing from Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 21, 2015
For the four fraught, mysterious days of her doomed maiden voyage in 1912, the Titanic sails towards New York, glittering with luxury, freighted with millionaires and hopefuls. In her labyrinthine passageways are played out the last, secret hours of a small group of passengers, their fate sealed in prose of startling, sublime beauty, as Beryl Bainbridge's haunting masterpiece moves inexorably to its known and terrible end.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, November 09, 2015
Very good read and different from the usual '' last days of the Titanic'' novels.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkinediwing at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (1/23/2016 UTC) at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom

Going into Plum's Prize Winner Book Box. Happy reading

Journal Entry 4 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 31, 2016
Taken from the Prize Bookbox. This was highly recommended by a friend so I really look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 5 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 29, 2017
As the Titanic sails on her fateful final voyage, a group of wealthy passengers play out the trivialities of their lives in the first class area: Morgan, living the life of a playboy but with great ideals for the future; Rosenfelder the tailor, seeking to make his fortune; the beautiful but icy Wallis; the mysterious Scurra - none of them likeable but there is something the way this is written and their obliviousness to their doom, despite all the rumours of fire in the coal hold, that grips the imagination.

Journal Entry 6 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 06, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (4/6/2017 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Sent to alexiapapa as my RABCK for March. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by alexiapapa at Larissa / Λάρισα, Larisa Greece on Thursday, April 13, 2017
The book is safe with me! Thank you and Happy Easter!

Journal Entry 8 by alexiapapa at Larissa / Λάρισα, Larisa Greece on Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (6/19/2018 UTC) at Larissa / Λάρισα, Larisa Greece

The book is travelling to its next recipient, as a wishlist birthday gift!

Journal Entry 9 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, June 24, 2018
Thank you sooo much! I really wanted to read this one, I hope I have some free time soon...
Thanks for the parcel full of special things, you have really made me smile... :)