Parlez-Vous Franglais (Le 3eme volume de Lets Parler Franglais)

Registered by weebly of Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on 2/18/2004
Journal Entry 1 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, February 18, 2004
ALot of fun if you are up to O'level/GCSE french standard!

Moral:si vous voulez etre sur le bandwagon, achetez ce livre. Go on, faites-vous une faveur. Franglais, c'est une high-fibre language!

Journal Entry 2 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 04, 2004
I will ring this book - due to a request after pointing it out in the French Forum!

Batting order for the Ring is:-
1) Moondreamer - Sandhurst, England
2) YowlYY - Lonon, England
3) Semioticghost- London, England
4) Loopy1 - Kent, England
5) torialouise - York, England
6) nobodysperfect - Paris , France
7) bilbi - Savoie, France
8) Jaguar - New Brunswick - Canada
9) lechatnoir27 - Bewdley, England (skipped)
10) bookmanu - Cascais, Portugal
11) Ginaluna - Strasbourg, Alsace - France <----- currently here
try lechatnoir27 again - if not straight back to me.Here's how to play:

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3 (erm, 4!)

1. When you receive the book, make a journal entry so we can all see that it has landed safely.

2. PM the next person in line for their address. If you haven't had a reply from them after a week, move on to the next name down (and drop me a line to let me know what's happened.) We can always loop back for anyone who misses out due to holidays, etc, but I'd like to keep the book travelling reasonably quickly if at all possible.

3. Read (and hopefully enjoy) the book, and make a journal entry to tell us what you thought.

4. Make release notes/a journal entry to say when the book is leaving your hands and who'll be catching it next, and pop it into the post!

Journal Entry 3 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 15, 2004
Posted to Moondreamer 2nd Class today.

Journal Entry 4 by Moondreamer from Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 16, 2004
Arrived this morning in the post - thanks, weebly! - I love the cartoon on the front!

Journal Entry 5 by Moondreamer from Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 28, 2004
Very, very funny - not just the 'Franglais', but also the humour!

Many thanks for sharing this, weebly.

Journal Entry 6 by Moondreamer from Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Posted onwards to YowlYY today.

Journal Entry 7 by YowlYY on Thursday, April 01, 2004
Le livre de franglais est arrive' (excuse my accents!).
Looking forward to reading this one during la fin de semaine, and send it off to Semioticghost on Monday...

Journal Entry 8 by YowlYY on Sunday, April 11, 2004
This book was soooo funny!! I will be on the lookout for more, and will ship this to Semioticghost straight after the Easter holidays.
Thanks for starting this bookring, Mme. Weebly ;-)

Journal Entry 9 by YowlYY on Tuesday, April 13, 2004
Off to another part of South-East London ;-)

Journal Entry 10 by Semioticghost from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 14, 2004
This arrived from the lovely YowlYY today and has already made me giggle!

Journal Entry 11 by Semioticghost from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, April 19, 2004
I really enjoyed this, althouhg my incredibly poor vocabular meant that I was missing out on some bits. It's really funny, and proper French, too, Franglais or not!

Being posted out to Loopy1 today, with my fond regards.

Journal Entry 12 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 20, 2004
The book arrived safely this morning. Thanks, this was just what I needed!
I have two books on the go at the moment, The Tin Drum and To the Edge of the Sky - both interesting, but fairly heavy going. This book is the ideal light read for filling in those moments when I don't feel up to one of the heavier books, and will boost my confidence when I see that I too can read well in French (well, Franglais, anyway!).
Thanks guys.

Journal Entry 13 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 12, 2004
I really enjoyed this book - lighthearted sketches on various aspects of life, entertaining in themselves, but when combined with franglais very very funny. DH picked the book up as well and read a couple of sketches out loud, and even eldest son looked vaguely interested.
Thanks, this book was definitely a hit!

Journal Entry 14 by torialouise from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 13, 2004
Recieved today - looking forward to reading!! Looks a good giggle!

Journal Entry 15 by torialouise from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, June 05, 2004
I loved this book - it had me chuckling out loud and I have spent the last few days annoying everyone by taling "Franglais!!". C'etait un brilliant livre! Thanks for sharing. Off to lechatnoir27 now!

Journal Entry 16 by nobodysperfect from Paris, Ile-de-France France on Saturday, July 03, 2004
J'ai it ! thanx !
Je suis involvée dans un bookring de more ! crazy moi !
Je reviens as vite as possible...

Journal Entry 17 by nobodysperfect from Paris, Ile-de-France France on Friday, July 16, 2004
c'est tout quiet funny, ce livre :)
mentions spéciales : La speeding offence, Le dry cleaning, et Le porteur de nuit de l'hôtel !

au next soon !

20th juillet : sent à Bilbi !

Journal Entry 18 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Thursday, July 22, 2004
J'ai bien reçu le book ce morning. J'ai hâte de le lire.

Message personnel à nobodysperfecr : le chocolat n'a heureusement pas fondu complètement ;-)

Journal Entry 19 by bilbi from Chambéry, Rhône-Alpes France on Friday, July 23, 2004
Reçu hier, lu hier ! Je n'ai pas pu résister ! When I think that I studied English at University ! Pourquoi ? J'aurais pu parler franglais :D
Merci a lot for sharing this livre... Je vais le prêter à ma sister avant de l'envoyer to the person suivante ;-)

Journal Entry 20 by Jaguar on Monday, September 13, 2004
Received in New Brunswick. Thanks!

Journal Entry 21 by Jaguar on Thursday, October 28, 2004
Quite fun and amusing. I enjoyed it immensely :)

Will try again for lechatnoir27's address, and will pass on as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 22 by Jaguar at on Sunday, October 31, 2004
Released on Monday, November 01, 2004 at about 12:00:00 PM BX time (GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada) at postal release in mail, given to a fellow BCer Controlled Releases.

Sending to bookmanu.

Journal Entry 23 by bookmanu from Cascais, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, November 10, 2004
Reçu hier...Merci! Cette une short livre. J'espere de send it off, abientôt!

Journal Entry 24 by Ginaluna from Paris, Ile-de-France France on Saturday, February 05, 2005
Bonjour !

I can't remember que j'étais inscrite on this bookring !

Merci everybody.

Journal Entry 25 by Ginaluna from Paris, Ile-de-France France on Monday, February 07, 2005
J'ai so much aimé those kind petites scènettes de la all day life.

Journal Entry 26 by weebly from Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 11, 2005
Home after 18 months of travelling! Thank you all for your journal entries on this truly international book!

Now - do I leave it on my shelf at home - or take it to my OBCZ? I'll let you guess!

Journal Entry 27 by weebly at Hartwell Community Centre in Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 20, 2011

Released 9 yrs ago (3/19/2011 UTC) at Hartwell Community Centre in Hartwell, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Donating to the Hartwell WI Jumble Sale - for more details see the village website http://www.hartwellvillage.com/events/Jumble-Sale