The Burning Room (Harry Bosch)

by Michael Connelly | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 10/11/2015
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, October 11, 2015
Picked this up from the Mississauga Symphony Sale. This is Bosch #19.

From Chapters:
In the LAPD's Open-Unsolved Unit, not many murder victims die almost a decade after the crime. So when a man succumbs to complications from being shot by a stray bullet nine years earlier, Bosch catches a case in which the body is still fresh, but all other evidence is virtually nonexistent.

Now Bosch and rookie Detective Lucia Soto, are tasked with solving what turns out to be a highly charged, politically sensitive case. Beginning with the bullet that's been lodged for years in the victim's spine, they must pull new leads from years-old information, which soon reveal that this shooting may have been anything but random.

In this gripping new novel, Michael Connelly shows once again why Harry Bosch is "one of the greats of crime fiction" (New York Daily News).

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 27, 2021
The Bosch series is very consistent for me and I enjoyed this one as much as some of the others. I'll admit I'm getting a bit confused by the different partners Bosch is paired with practically every book. I feel like I don't get to know them well enough, nor understand what Bosch thinks of them. This time Bosch gets paired up with a young hero who made big news with a larger take down before she became Bosch's partner. She later does something similar though which has me wondering in the back of my head if she's just trigger happy, though this wasn't implied in any of the character dialogue.

The cold case that's become recent with a death was an interesting new take and the end was a bit of a cliffhanger. Looking forward to the next in the series!

Journal Entry 3 by HoserLauren at Little Free Library - Newell in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, August 29, 2021

Released 5 mos ago (8/29/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library - Newell in Burlington, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.