The Samurai's Daughter (Rei Shimura 6)

by Sujata Massey | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingIcilawing of Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on 10/8/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingIcilawing from Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, October 08, 2015
In San Francisco for the holidays, Rei is trying to document her own family’s history and enjoy a visit with Hugh, who’s in town for business. But she’s devastated when Hugh’s client, a former comfort woman from the Philippines who was abused by the Japanese military during World War II, is murdered. The answer to who wants to silence the voices of those he and Rei visited lies back in Tokyo, and leads Rei to unsettling revelations about her great-grandfather’s political ideology. The most politically-charged book in the series so far.

Journal Entry 2 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, October 08, 2015
Politically-charged, indeed.

Journal Entry 3 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, June 30, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/30/2018 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

Hoping that I had made a good choice with this book. Not the first in the series but I think that's not an issue.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, July 17, 2018
The book sounds interesting. Thank you. I think it is a good choice. I like samurai and do want to find out how the author ties it with a story related to World War II. And I am always pleased to discover new authors.

------------------------------
Updated January 27, 2019

A solid mystery. I would not mind reading more in the series.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmcsarwing at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Released 11 mos ago (2/6/2019 UTC) at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

On its way to the winner of the Wonderful Family sweeps. Congratulations and happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, February 26, 2019
Arrived today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 7 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, June 29, 2019
This book isn’t my taste. I shall search for a new home for it

Journal Entry 8 by lauraloo29 at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, August 22, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (8/24/2019 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending to the winner of the Family Sweeps. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by queenfrog at Yarmouth, Nova Scotia Canada on Tuesday, September 03, 2019
A new author. I look forward to reading this one. Thanks for sharing it with me and for taking part in the Family Sweeps

Journal Entry 10 by queenfrog at Yarmouth, Nova Scotia Canada on Wednesday, December 11, 2019
Definitely not the type of book I would pick up on my own to read but I did find it very interesting and at times hard to put down. Made me stop and think about how things were, and still are, with different cultures and political views. Thanks for sharing this with me.