Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain

by Oliver Sacks | Audiobooks | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 10/14/2015
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2015
5 CDs; abridgement approved by the author.
Read by Simon Prebble

I read this a number of years ago, but it was fascinating. Oliver Sacks had a special way of looking at the world and explaining it: he will be missed by millions of people who never met him - like me.

Other copies on my BookCrossing shelf:

7432400 (paper)
13710369 (paper)

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, October 14, 2015
Reserved for iwillrejoice's Audiobook VBB (round 23).

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (11/10/2015 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Claimed from iwillrejoice's Audiobook VBB and headed for Florida.

Released for pinkoeria's e-less challenge and in memory of Oliver Sacks - I haven't read all of his books yet, but I'm sorry that there won't be any more new ones. His work is fascinating.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Won't you please make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands? How did you find it? What did you think of it? What are you going to do with it next?

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books...or a little like geocaching - you can follow the book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 4 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, December 10, 2015
Dancing down the dial

of tonal pleasure,
he cooks up musical noodles.

Journal Entry 5 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, January 08, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (1/5/2016 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

I'm not sure I knew what I was expecting when I got this. I think I was assuming that it was more like stories. But it's more like medical reports. 'Case study' this and 'case study' that.

He kept talking about how interesting this case was to him, or that one, but there's nothing he said that made me think it was all that interesting to me. It almost seemed like it was mostly talking to himself and had forgotten there was an audience, or that perhaps that was irrevelant to him...

It was horrible but I was glad when it was over and I could move on to something else.

On a 'different note', I easily found someone that had a real interest in this. So off it goes to a hopefully more appreciative audience. :)