corner corner Invisible

Invisible
by Paul Auster | Literature & Fiction
Registered by blackwidow1971 of Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on 10/5/2015

status (set by shnedwards): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by blackwidow1971 from Southampton, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 05, 2015

Student Adam Walker meets a mysterious Frenchman, Rudolf Born, and his girlfriend Margot. Following a robbery attempt on them, Adam's life is changed forever and in later life he attempts to write a novel about his relationship with Born, Margot, his sister Gwynne and a young French girl, Cecile.

Not my favourite Auster - there is rather an icky bit in the middle and I wasn't convinced by Born. Don't agree with NY Times' review that it's the finest he's ever written.

Journal Entry 2 by MMMaartje at Nieuwegein, Utrecht Netherlands on Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Thanks so much for the book, blackwidow1971! Looking forward to reading it :)

Journal Entry 3 by MMMaartje at Nieuwegein, Utrecht Netherlands on Sunday, November 15, 2015

Thanks again for this 1001 list book :) I finished it, and will find a new home for it asap!

I agree about the icky bit in the middle. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have enjoyed it more.

Journal Entry 4 by MMMaartje at BC Meeting 2016 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, July 02, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (7/3/2016 UTC) at BC Meeting 2016 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

I am taking this one to Castricum for Boekentrol! :) Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Thank you for taking this one with you to Castricum for me! This one has been on my wishlist for a while.
Another one to read off the 1001-list. Looking forward to it very much!

Journal Entry 6 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, September 28, 2017

This book I have also have in Dutch. This one is available for other readers from now on.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBoekentrolwing at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, April 07, 2018

Released 1 mo ago (4/20/2018 UTC) at Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

Hello there, fellow BookCrosser!
When going through my books in preparation for the Convention, I found this book that happens to be on your wishlist. The decision to take it with me was quickly made :-)

I hope you like the book!
Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 8 by wingshnedwardswing at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, April 22, 2018

Thank you for this wishlist book, Boekentrol. I have had loads of books from you over the years. You are so generous! Hope you are enjoying the Convention :)