The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg (Penguin Classics 60s)

by Mark Twain | Humor |
Registered by 4evagreen of Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 10/5/2015
Journal Entry 1 by 4evagreen from Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 05, 2015
Picked up in a Healthy Planet shop.

Journal Entry 2 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 20, 2015
This book is more of an extended essay than a even novella really only running to roughly 60 pages and is reported to have been originally written on hotel stationary during a stopover. It is beautifully crafted and the language succinct that its depth of meaning far out weighs its number of pages. This is so a charming tale that left me if not laughing out loud at least with a permanent smile on my face as it cruelly exposed such basic human failings as vanity and greed. It was a joy to read and I would thoroughly recommend reading it.

Journal Entry 3 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 23, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (10/23/2015 UTC) at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom

A charming little tale that deserves to be more widely read so going out as a sort of Brucie Bonus. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 27, 2015
The postman delivered this through my letterbox this morning. Thank you for sending this to me as a surprise. I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 5 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (7/27/2016 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

Put into my round 2 bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by purple-pixie at Nuneaton, Warwickshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Taken from a bookbox.