The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium Trilogy, No 2)

by Stieg Larsson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by SLLokabrenna of Fort Worth, Texas USA on 10/5/2015
Journal Entry 1 by SLLokabrenna from Fort Worth, Texas USA on Monday, October 05, 2015
For Guy Fawkes Book Exchange

Journal Entry 2 by SLLokabrenna at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Friday, October 16, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (10/16/2015 UTC) at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

Released as Guy Fawkes release challenge as well as candies, glow sticks and insense.

Journal Entry 3 by wingJudySlump612wing at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Saturday, October 31, 2015
What a fun package! Thank you so much, SLLokabrenna. Everything is perfectly themed, and however did you guess that corn candy is one of my most favorite?

Journal Entry 4 by wingJudySlump612wing at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Of course, this is Book 2 of a trilogy, and IMHO this is one of those sets which you need to read all parts of, and in the correct order. Luckily, I had already done that, so I was able to enjoy re-reading this thoroughly.

At the beginning of this book we find Lisbeth Salander awash with money, tensely avoiding her former partner Mikael Blomkvist, and following up some loose ends from the first volume, 'Girl with the Dragon Tatoo.' We also discover some of the events of her past which have shaped her personality, and which will cascade into the third volume, 'Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.'

They're all three supremely tense and well written. My personal favorite is the third, which includes a glorious vindication for Lisbeth, and a very practical solution to the problem of immobilizing a homicidal giant who feels no pain.

But that's one person's opinion. Future readers, what do YOU think?

Journal Entry 5 by wingJudySlump612wing at Riverview Cafe 38th St. & 42nd Ave in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (6/19/2019 UTC) at Riverview Cafe 38th St. & 42nd Ave in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

On shelves in Book Nook