Take the Cannoli: Stories From the New World

by Sarah Vowell | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 0743205405 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingwaterfallingwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 10/1/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingwaterfallingwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Thursday, October 01, 2015
larger trade-size paperback. cover different than shown.

Read another copy a few years ago and enjoyed it. May reread before releasing.

Journal Entry 2 by wingwaterfallingwing at Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Released 5 yrs ago (1/6/2016 UTC) at Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Sent on as selected for the GenLit VBB.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, January 09, 2016
Thanks for sending from the General Literature VBB. I don't know much about this book/author, but it looks really interesting.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, September 03, 2016
My Review: This is a fun bunch of essays, not as laugh out loud as David Sedaris, but still pretty interesting and funny. The chapter where she's learning to drive at the age of 28 is especially funny. Her boss takes her to a cemetary to practice because she can't hurt anyone there.

The author describing her room at the infamous Chelsea Hotel in New York City: "My room, marked 923 in ballpoint on a crumbling index card taped to the door, is an Edward Hopper painting waiting to happen. so Hopperesque, in fact, that upon entering I feel the need to put on a grimy old slip and slump into the dusty armchair so that I can stare wantonly at the wall."

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, September 23, 2016

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (11/8/2017 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Firegirl from a VBB. Sorry it's so late! Enjoy.

Journal Entry 7 by wingFiregirlwing at Annandale, Virginia USA on Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Arrived safe and sound! No worries about the delay - I'm certainly never short on reading options!