The Empty Throne (The Last Kingdom Series, Book 8)

by Bernard Cornwell | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingFeodorawing of Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on 9/28/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingFeodorawing from Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, September 28, 2015
The Warrior Chronicles, on the making of England and the fate of his great hero, Uhtred of Bebbanburg. In the battle for power, there can be only one ruler.The ruler of Mercia is dying, leaving no apparent heir. His wife is a born leader, but no woman has ever ruled over an English kingdom. And she is without her greatest warrior and champion, Uhtred of Bebbanburg. An empty throne leaves the kingdom exposed to rival West Saxons and to the Vikings, who are on a bloody rampage once more. A hero is needed, a hero who has been in battle all his life, who can destroy the double threat to Mercia. A hero who will ultimately decide the fate of a nation?

Journal Entry 2 by wingFeodorawing at Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, September 28, 2015
I have read several books of Cornwell, and I dont think this is one of the better ones.
It took me a long time to "come into the story", In total it was a well plotted story, interesting characters.

Journal Entry 3 by wingFeodorawing at Braunschweig, Niedersachsen Germany on Monday, September 28, 2015
It shall travel as an international bookring. I will try to sort it a bit for countries and continents instead of "first-come-first-serve".

1. ULRK
2. gaboyd
3. Brookler ship within North America
.....

Journal Entry 4 by ULRK at București, Wallachia Romania on Monday, January 04, 2016
Took a while until could get it in my hands and more time to journal it.
But finally I am reading...

Journal Entry 5 by ULRK at București, Wallachia Romania on Saturday, March 12, 2016
About half way through the book I realised that I must have read one of the earlier parts of the series and that the book is actually part of a series.

Still it was a joyfull read and made me start looking out for more.

Journal Entry 6 by ULRK at București, Wallachia Romania on Saturday, March 12, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/12/2016 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

Now on it's way to New Zealand in an envelope full of stamps

Journal Entry 7 by winggaboydwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Arrived today

Journal Entry 8 by winggaboydwing at Powell River, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, April 14, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (4/14/2016 UTC) at Powell River, British Columbia Canada

Released while at the Post Office

Journal Entry 9 by Brookler at Powell River, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, June 07, 2016
Just received in the mail. Thanks very much. I have two other books of this series on my TBR: Book 2 and Book 5. And this one is Book 8. Oh my.

Journal Entry 10 by Brookler at Powell River, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, February 11, 2018
I have really enjoyed the three books of this series that I read. Excellent writing, with fascinating characters and exciting, believable events. This is the kind of book that's gripping, hard to put down. It really brings this historical period to life.