Norwegian Wood

by Haruki Murakami | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by feltre of Zografou, Attica Greece on 9/28/2015
Journal Entry 1 by feltre from Zografou, Attica Greece on Monday, September 28, 2015
Toru, a quiet and preternaturally serious young college student in Tokyo, is devoted to Naoko, a beautiful and introspective young woman, but their mutual passion is marked by the tragic death of their best friend years before. Toru begins to adapt to campus life and the loneliness and isolation he faces there, but Naoko finds the pressures and responsibilities of life unbearable. As she retreats further into her own world, Toru finds himself reaching out to others and drawn to a fiercely independent and sexually liberated young woman.

Journal Entry 2 by feltre at Homesick café in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Friday, November 27, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (11/29/2015 UTC) at Homesick café in Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece

Στο meet up Νοεμβρίου.

Journal Entry 3 by Lubiette at Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Sunday, November 29, 2015
Thank you, feltre !

Journal Entry 4 by Lubiette at Kallithea, Attica Greece on Monday, January 18, 2016
Not exactly what I was expecting, this book being quite different from anything else I have read by Haruki Murakami, though an enthralling novel.

Hello, I'm a travelling book!!!
I've been to many places and now I am visiting the

BookCrossing Anniversary Convention in Athens.

logosite-t

Take me with you, read me and then please release me again, so that I can make new friends and continue my journey.

Journal Entry 6 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Wednesday, January 04, 2017
Ever wondered where this book went? Well, I stole it from the book buffet in Athens back in April .. and while virtually dusting my shelves, reordering my TBRs and setting up my 2017 challenges I noticed I left it unregistered. So sorry for the delay, but let's celebrate this book is not lost - it has found a temporary home with me :) Thank you so much for sharing - wondering what will be its next stop!

Journal Entry 7 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Sunday, July 21, 2019
Having previously read Kafka on the Shore and Sputnik Sweetheart, I came here looking for magic - but what I found did not disappoint me. I appreciated the skill in telling this story about the fragility and resilience of the human psyche when faced with grief, anguish and depression. Although often grim, the novel is beautifully written, the pace pleasant, the pop-cult references comfortable, the clumsy sexuality endearing.

Thank you so much for sharing this book with me :) It will travel next to tigergirlnz as a wishlist tag.

Journal Entry 8 by winglamelemonwing at București, Wallachia Romania on Monday, August 05, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (8/6/2019 UTC) at București, Wallachia Romania

All packed and ready to travel. To be dropped at the post office on my way to work.
Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by wingtigergirlnzwing at Napier, Hawkes Bay-Poverty Bay New Zealand on Thursday, August 29, 2019
Happily received from lamelemon as a wishlist tag thank you! Found in my letterbox as I got home this evening. It also came with....another Wishlist tag book - I feel soooooo incredibly lucky tonight! :D