Apple of My Eye

by Helene Hanff | Nonfiction |
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 9/26/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, September 26, 2015

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, September 26, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (9/26/2015 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

Ordered from BWB for the General Lit VBB, Happy Reading!

To the finder of this book:

BookCrossing is free to join and a great deal of fun, completely confidential, and you may remain anonymous. If you choose to join please consider using me BOOKSTOGIVE as your referring member.

Journal Entry 3 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, October 17, 2015
This is my choice from the General Literature VBB. Thank you for sending it to me, bookstogive. I have read 2 other books by Helene Hanff and enjoyed them very much so I look forward to this one.

Journal Entry 4 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 27, 2016
Helene Hanff was asked to write copy for a book of photographs of New York City, her home town which she knew well - or so she thought! She decides it would be a good idea to play tourist and visit several of the attractions New York has to offer, and she invites her friend Patsy to go with her. So off they go on an adventure which turns out to be full of pitfalls and humour.

I love Helene Hanff books. She is witty, down to earth and hilarious. This book not only describes the tourist spots of New York, but also provides a lot of history to go along with that. This book was published in 1977 so naturally they visited the World Trade Centre, not once but twice. This was a bit eerie considering that 9/11 happened so many years later. New York City is a place I have always wanted to visit and the book gave me a lot of insight into what it has to offer. It's on my bucket list so I hope to get there some day!

Journal Entry 5 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 27, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (2/27/2017 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

Mailed to tabby-cat-owner as her choice from the General Literature VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Wednesday, March 08, 2017
I received this book in the mail from maranlin of Burlington, Ontario, Canada. I selected in from the General Literature VBB organized by bookstogive.

Thank you for this book, maranlin. I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 7 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Monday, April 08, 2019
I actually read this book a couple months ago. I found it interesting to read about New York City during the 1970s which is a time when I lived near New York City. It was sad to hear about her visit to the newly built World Trade Center. It was also interesting to read about the author's opinion or preserving old buildings. She was against it. She would have preferred the ancient Grand Central Railroad Station to be turned down and a more efficient railroad station rebuilt. She also had a grudge against the Metropolitan Museum of Art because it was built on a section of Central Park which native New Yorkers who remember the area miss. The problem with travel books is they are written at a certain point in time and time passes and places change.

Released 8 mos ago (4/8/2019 UTC) at -- Wild Released somewhere in Phoenix -- in Phoenix, Arizona USA

I wild released this book in February hoping to apply it to the Wine+Food release challenge but I forgot to make release notes for it and I can't remember where I released it now.