The Ladies Auxiliary

by Tova Mirvis | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by powerhouse of Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on 2/16/2004
Journal Entry 1 by powerhouse from Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, February 16, 2004
A well written story about Batsheva: young, beautiful, a convert and a widow with a small child, who unintentedly creates distress in a orthodox Jewish community in Memphis. Great book about women coping with tradition and eachother.

Journal Entry 2 by powerhouse from Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, March 23, 2004
Gaat op 10 april mee naar The Booklet voor Biba

Journal Entry 3 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, April 10, 2004
Biba is benieuwd. Dankjewel!

Journal Entry 4 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Monday, July 26, 2004
Never before have I read a book in the 'we'-form. This nondescript, anonymous multiple person even states how 'we' have felt about this or that. This style form artfully supports creating an atmosphere of suffocation within a community where no-one is allowed to behave or think differently from the group.
In the end, I felt near choking myself. If I were in the position where Batsheva was, I would have left long ago. I still do not understand why - but let's not spoil everything for the next reader. I give a big recommendation.

Journal Entry 5 by powerhouse from Culemborg, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, August 15, 2004
Thank you Biba, for returning thsi one to me. Sometimes a released book has to come home again. It's PC now, so available for someone close.