P is for Peril

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0330371967 Global Overview for this book
Registered by jalna of Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on 2/16/2004
Journal Entry 1 by jalna from Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, February 16, 2004
"It is now nine weeks since Dr Dowan Pucell vanished without trace. The sixty-nine-year-old doctor had said goodnight to his colleagues at the Pacific Meadows nursing home, had climbed into his car and driven away - never to be seen again.

His embittered first wife, Fiona, is convinced he is still alive. His second wife, Crystal - a former stripper thirty years his junior - is just as sure he is dead.

Enter private investigator Kinsey Millhone, hired by Fiona to find out just what has happened to the man they loved.

Enter also Tommy Hevener, an attractive flame-haired twenty-something who has set his romantic sights on Kinsey. And Tommy is a man with a very interesting past ..."

Journal Entry 2 by jalna at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 2, 2021
Well, it took me 17 years but I finally got around to reading this. Lockdown gave me plenty of opportunity to indulge in the "Alphabet marathon" I had been planning for a long time.

As the series progressed the books got thicker and thicker, which does not find favour with me, I must admit. I have to confess I couldn't follow all the ins and outs of company law. business organization and medical funding (which is why I only scored this one 6 rather than 7) but I did enjoy it. Unlike some of the books in this series, this one is set entirely in and around Santa Theresa, which we are getting to now quite well by now.

I am hoping to find a new home for this book now.

Journal Entry 3 by jalna at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, June 4, 2021

Released 2 yrs ago (6/4/2021 UTC) at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom

Now on its way with a few more to my friend who is following me in the Alphabet marathon.

Journal Entry 4 by wingjax987654321wing at Wembley, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, June 7, 2021
Received from a very kind bookcrosser. Thank you so much, I look forward to reading it

Journal Entry 5 by wingjax987654321wing at Wembley, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 5, 2023
I really enjoyed some of this, especially the end when I got hooked, however there is a whole story line which really didn't fit into the plot and given the size of the book should not have been included. It also wasn't plausible, although the rest of the book was much more so.

Released 3 mos ago (2/11/2024 UTC) at Blackhorse Road Station Bookshelves 📚 in Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom

Released at the London Bookcrossing meetup and I believe it went to the station book shelf afterwards