The Frog Who Loved Mathematics

by Faiz Kermani | Children's Books |
Registered by Faizy on 9/9/2015
Journal Entry 1 by Faizy on Wednesday, September 09, 2015
What happens when the most brilliant mathematician of all time turns out to be a frog?

Concealed beneath mud and slime,
Lay a brilliant mind.
Bobbul may have not been charismatic,
But she had mastered mathematics

Journal Entry 2 by Faizy at Rock Point, Maryland USA on Wednesday, September 09, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (9/9/2015 UTC) at Rock Point, Maryland USA

Thanks Squeaky chu :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, September 15, 2015
The book arrived here today at Rockville, Maryland, USA...so, of course, I had to sit right down and read it. I love frog stories, by the way!

I found the story fun, and laughed out loud at this line: "He was horrified by how bad his initial attempt had been, but he felt even worse that he was now relying on a frog for corrections."

I didn't like the ending. Oh,well. :)

I'm going to circulate this book among my Bookcrossing buddies here in the DC metro area and then place it in the Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) to be taken by a random visitor.

Happy traveling, little book!

Many thanks for sharing this book with me and others, Faiz!

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Westminster, Maryland USA on Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (11/7/2015 UTC) at Westminster, Maryland USA

This book is being released at a meetup of BCinDC, my local DC metro area BookCrossing group. We are meeting at Birdie's in memory of Bookcrosser MaryZee who started the OBCZ (official Bookcrossing Zone) in the back room of this delightful cafe.

Rest in peace, dear friend. We will always remember you and the joy and enthusiasm you brought to our Bookcrossing events.

-------------------

This book is being released to other members of BCinDC with the hope of online book reviews and then having this book come back to me to release at the Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720) in Rockville, Maryland, USA. Happy travels, little book! :)

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA on Sunday, November 08, 2015
I took a chance on this because I am laboring through a math-based class at the moment. I got a chuckle out of the sticker inside, and I am proud to say that I am also a fan of frog-friendly fiction. I will read it soon and pass it along at the next meet-up.

Journal Entry 6 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Maryland USA on Saturday, November 28, 2015
I read this book and got a kick out of it. Best of all, to me, is the frog's revenge.

My niece came from New Jersey for Thanksgiving. Her nickname is Bibbit (her word for frog when she was tiny) and she was complaining about having to do her math homework. When she was finished, I gave her this book to read. She said she liked it.

Journal Entry 7 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Thursday, December 31, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (1/3/2016 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA

Taking this book to the holiday party so it can find its next reader. There are quite a few mathematical/scientific types in the group, so it is bound to interest someone.

Journal Entry 8 by wingResQgeekwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, January 04, 2016
This book was handed to me at today's BC-in-DC holiday gathering and told that I should read it and pass it along to another member of the group.

Journal Entry 9 by wingResQgeekwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Friday, January 08, 2016
It didn't take me long to get through this short, cautionary tale. I enjoyed the idea of a frustrated frog trying to convey corrections to a frazzled mathematician. Nothing like an inability to speak to complicate communications! The ending is somewhat sad, but then again, the mathematician fails to give credit where credit is due, and so pays the price for not being able to live up to the expectations he himself put into place. This is an important lesson that we often find far to easy to disregard.

Journal Entry 10 by wingResQgeekwing at Wheaton, Maryland USA on Saturday, February 27, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (2/27/2016 UTC) at Wheaton, Maryland USA

This will be available at today's BC-in-DC get together.

Journal Entry 11 by wingSqnutZipswing at Wheaton, Maryland USA on Sunday, February 28, 2016
Got this book at February BCinDC meet up. The title and cover art caught my eye.

Journal Entry 12 by wingSqnutZipswing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/11/2016 UTC) at Rockville, Maryland USA

I am returning this booklet to "Squeakychu" as requested, to be circulated among BCinDC members, to review.

Journal Entry 13 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Friday, March 11, 2016
Caught! Thanks for returning the book. I'll keep it circulating!

Journal Entry 14 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Springfield, Virginia USA on Friday, March 11, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/13/2016 UTC) at Springfield, Virginia USA

Releasing this book to a Fellow Bookcrosser at a Meet-Up in Starbucks, venue of our OBCZ (Official BookCrossing Zone).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing...where we make the whole world our library!

Please make a journal entry so we know this book was found. You may now join BookCrossing (free!) to follow this book's travels. It's so much fun. Your information will not be shared or sold. As you join, consider listing Faizy or SqueakyChu as your referring person.

This book is now yours to keep or share with someone else. Take your time to read this book. Afterward, make a journal entry to record your thoughts about it. If you release it, kindly make a release note to let me know where it is traveling. Thank you so much.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 15 by ixion at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, March 21, 2016
Received from Squeaky at the BC in DC meetup. I read while waiting for my boyfriend to show up for dinner. I think this frog sold herself short. She should have demanded to be part of the written paper. Why did she keep hopping away?! Croak for yourself!

Journal Entry 16 by ixion at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, March 10, 2019
This ended up mixed up with my personal books when I moved in with my now husband. I met the author at the 2018 Bordeaux convention. Still think this frog needs to stand up for herself earlier, but late is better than never!

Returning to the next meetup.

Journal Entry 17 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Saturday, March 16, 2019
Picked this up at the BCinDC meetup today. It came home with me because I hadn't read it yet.

Journal Entry 18 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Friday, June 14, 2019
Cute book full of a number of lessons that even we adults sometimes fail to learn. That scientist absolutely got what was coming to him for not respecting a fellow mathematician and brilliant mind, even if it was a frog!

Journal Entry 19 by wingKateKintailwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Friday, June 14, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (6/16/2019 UTC) at Arlington, Virginia USA

Taking to a BCinDC meetup so that it can find a new reader. Enjoy!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 20 by wingSpatialwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Monday, June 17, 2019
Caught at the BCinDC meetup today.