When Parents Text: So Much Said...So Little Understood

Registered by Whiteraven of Florence, Kentucky USA on 9/8/2015
Journal Entry 1 by Whiteraven from Florence, Kentucky USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2015
Sending this to my birthday buddy as a very, very belated birthday gift. Hope you enjoy, and hope you can forgive me for the very long delay!

Journal Entry 2 by Whiteraven at Florence, Kentucky USA on Sunday, September 13, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (9/11/2015 UTC) at Florence, Kentucky USA

Mailed to my birthday buddy elle 311 very, very late. Hoping she forgives me.

Journal Entry 3 by elle311 at Suffolk, Virginia USA on Thursday, April 04, 2019

Released 12 mos ago (4/5/2019 UTC) at Suffolk, Virginia USA

Been shelfish with fellow BCer's books and they deserve to be read! Sending back out into the world via KateKintail and BCinDC ...Happy travels, little book!

Hello!
What you have in your hands is an honest-to-goodness gift, no strings attached. You may keep it forever and ever, pass it on to a friend, or release it in the wild like I did. I know it may seem a little odd to find this lying around--it's my way of touching the lives of others in a positive way, with the hope that it made your day. ;)

If you are new to BookCrossing and find this book and this site, welcome! Enjoy the site, the book and hopefully the BookCrossing community. I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using me, elle311, as the member who referred you. Or you may remain anonymous!

If you are an old hand at BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book! Either way, I hope you'll journal so all the previous and future readers can track this book's journey.

Happy reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 13, 2019
Sorry! I thought I'd journaled this when I received it! I set it aside to read and just finished it a few weeks ago. I thought it was hilarious and had a fun time reading through all the different texts. I especially loved that there was a whole section for Harry Potter! I read some of this while in line or in waiting rooms, and my out loud laughter drew people's gazes to me on multiple occasions.

Journal Entry 5 by wingKateKintailwing at Arlington, Virginia USA on Sunday, October 13, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (10/20/2019 UTC) at Arlington, Virginia USA

Taking to a BCinDC meetup. Enjoy!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by melydia at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, October 26, 2019
Picked this up at the BCinDC meetup this past Sunday in Pentagon City. Looks funny.

Journal Entry 7 by melydia at Nando's Peri-Peri in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, February 16, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (2/16/2020 UTC) at Nando's Peri-Peri in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Really didn’t find this all that funny. Hope the next reader enjoys it. Taking to tomorrow’s meetup.
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 8 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Monday, February 17, 2020
Picked this up at the meeting -- KK recommended it. I see that Melydia did not enjoy it. So, mixed reviews. But it looks like a quick read and I don't have time for in-depth stuff during the school year.

Journal Entry 9 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Sunday, March 01, 2020
I think my main issue with this book is that my age puts me closer to the parents in the book than the authors. I did see some of myself in both the parent and the child interactions. And I saw a lot of my dad in the dad stuff. But I was hoping for funny -- and I think that was the intention -- but it was not funny for me. Just more slice of life.