The Bear Went Over the Mountain: A Novel (Owl Book)
ISBN: 0805054383 Global Overview for this book
1 journaler for this copy...
--a big black bear who finds a manuscript under a tree in the Maine woods, dons a suit and tie, and heads off to the big city to seek his fame and fortune.
Interesting side note...TV rights for this book were sold to Jim Henson. Don't know if that is where his "Bear in the Big Blue House" TV series for kids came from or not. His company developed it and ultimately his heir's sold the rights to Disney after Henson's death.
James Maury "Jim" Henson (Sept 24, 1936 - May 16, 1990): American puppeteer (The Muppets), artist, cartoonist, inventor, screenwriter, actor, film director, and producer.
A Five Challenge Wild Release at Arbor Rose for the Veteran's there for:
1. You're Such an Animal (Secretariat) http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/522418
2. 2015 Movie Book Release (msrubble) http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/515208
3. 2015 TV Series Challenge (Davros-10) http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/515474
4. 3 every week for 2015 (hyphen8) http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/515073
5. Assisted/Senior/Memory/Hospice/Veteran Care Center Release (BOOKWORMINUSALL) http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/521605
WILD RELEASE NOTES:
You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing--maybe even make a journal entry on this book. We want to make the whole world a library! You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!). Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it free "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address), free, and spam-free.