Cold Granite (Logan McRae, Book 1)

by Stuart MacBride | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0007419449 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 9/4/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, September 04, 2015
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

Amazon Editoria Review

It can be grim in Aberdeen. But now it’s sheer, bloody murder.

Aberdeen, oil capital of Europe … Christmas is coming, cold, dark and wet, bringing death with it.

It's DS Logan McRae's first day back on the job after a year off on the sick, and it couldn't get much worse. Four-year-old David Reid's body is discovered in a ditch, strangled, mutilated and a long time dead. And he’s only the first. There's a killer stalking the Granite City and the local media are baying for blood.

If that wasn't enough, Logan also has to contend with a new boss, DI Insch, who doesn't suffer fools gladly and thinks everyone's a fool, and his own ex-girlfriend, the beautiful but chilly Isobel MacAlister, who also happens to be the chief pathologist. The only good news is WPC 'Ball Breaker' Watson, Logan's new guardian angel.

The dead are piling up in the morgue almost as fast as the snow on the streets, and Logan knows time is running out. More children are going missing. More are going to die. If Logan isn't careful, he's going to end up joining them.

This copy bought from a charity shop especially for Bookcrossing

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, January 18, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (1/20/2016 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is on its way to the winner of the Spurtle Sweeps, hope you enjoythis as much as I did.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Thursday, January 28, 2016
Arrived safely today with a box of stem ginger oat biscuits :) I look forward to reading this book when I have the time :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Sorry it took me so long to rest my MTBR has been very long as of late.

I thought that this book was very well written and had a great plot and story line, it was deffinatley a page turner that I struggled to put down.

Now reserved for the next winner of the Spurtle sweepstakes

Journal Entry 5 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, September 16, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (9/18/2017 UTC) at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom

Now off to the winner of the Spurtle sweepstakes

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

***Please Note***

Journal Entry 6 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, November 10, 2017
Thank you for sending me this book. I love a good thriller. The author and the series are new to me, and it is always best to start at book 1. I look forward to reading a book you enjoyed.

----------------------------
Updated December 5, 2018

Very nicely plotted. A great crime novel.

Journal Entry 7 by wingmcsarwing at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Friday, December 07, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (12/7/2018 UTC) at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

On its way to winner of the Spurtle sweepstakes. Congratulations and hope you enjoy this one as much as I did.

Journal Entry 8 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Received in the mail today, 18th December 2018. Thank you!!

Journal Entry 9 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 03, 2019
Fast paced detective thriller set in Aberdeen surrounding DS Logan McRae's return to work and thrown into the search for a child killer. A serial child killer at that. Several suspects are closely monitored, including one that killed another criminal found floating in the harbour. After a few wrong turns, and a few other crimes solved, the killer is finally identified ........... and just in time!

Journal Entry 10 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 16, 2019
In the office bookbox