Icebound

by Dean Koontz | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 8/5/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, August 05, 2017

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (10/17/2018 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, October 26, 2018
The Big Box O' Books arrived safely today - many thanks! I'll try to find lots of different places to release these, so that your books might report back from several different towns and states.

This one intrigued me - it was originally published in the '70s as Prison of Ice under the pseudonym "David Axton", and was edited and re-issued by Koontz in its current form twenty years later. Koontz' afterword explains this, and includes the hope that readers will enjoy his recent work as much as this early (and one-off) book. I was amused by this because the book is definitely not in the style of the other Koontz books I've read, much more of an action-thriller than wrenching horror - and as it turns out, I like this one much better {wry grin}.

The story's about the attempt to tow a huge iceberg and harvest it for fresh water by using explosives to shatter it. When a team of scientists is stranded in the ice caverns inside it, a race against time ensues: a Russian submarine attempts to retrieve them from beneath the ice, with the clock ticking down...

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Exeter Rd (see notes) in Hampton, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (11/14/2018 UTC) at Exeter Rd (see notes) in Hampton, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book in or near CR's restaurant in Hampton, while stopping by for lunch; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***