To Build a Fire and Other Stories (Bantam Classics)

by Jack London | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingbookstogivewing of Springville, Tennessee USA on 8/5/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookstogivewing from Springville, Tennessee USA on Saturday, August 05, 2017

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookstogivewing at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (10/2/2018 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

To the finder of this book:

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, October 26, 2018
The Big Box O' Books arrived safely today - many thanks! I'll try to find lots of different places to release these, so that your books might report back from several different towns and states. (This is a favorite of mine; lovely to have another release copy!)

The book contains a number of London's stories, including the classic title story "To Build A Fire". That one's an oft-anthologized tale about a traveler in the frozen North, whose self-confidence receives a blow when a series of minor incidents make him realize just how thin a line can lie between safety and disaster... Other stories touch on different aspects of life in the frozen North - but London didn't just write about the Yukon, and this collection includes tales set in Mexico and Hawaii and other far-flung locales.

[There's a 2003 film version of "To Build a Fire". And this TV Tropes page has some entertaining tidbits about the tale.]

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Visitors Center on I-95 in Seabrook, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, October 28, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (10/28/2018 UTC) at Visitors Center on I-95 in Seabrook, New Hampshire USA

I plan to leave this book in the welcome center off I95 north this afternoon; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***