corner corner Grace

Grace
by Richard Paul Evans | Literature & Fiction
Registered by winglauraloo29wing of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on 8/15/2015

status (set by BOOKWORMINUSALL): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Saturday, August 15, 2015

A heartwarming and inspirational Christmas novel in the tradition of The Christmas Box, The Gift, and The Christmas List. The New York Times bestselling author of The Christmas Box and The Walk series returns with a holiday novel of hope, love, and redemption.

She was my first kiss. My first love. She was a little match girl who could see the future in the flame of a candle. She was a runaway who taught me more about life than anyone has before or since. And when she was gone my innocence left with her.

As I begin to write, a part of me feels as if I am awakening something best left dead and buried, or at least buried. We can bury the past, but it never really dies. The experience of that winter has grown on my soul like ivy climbing the outside of a home, growing until it begins to tear and tug at the brick and mortar.

I pray I can still get the story right. My memory, like my eyesight, has waned with age. Still, there are things that become clearer to me as I grow older. This much I know: too many things were kept secret in those days. Things that never should have been hidden. And things that should have.

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, May 13, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (5/18/2016 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending as a RABCK to BOOKWORMINUSALL. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Monday, May 23, 2016

GRACE has arrived in today's mail, and I definitely WILL enjoy it...THANK YOU! ; )

OMGOOOOOOOSH, lauraloo29!!! Has it already been a month since BookCrossing Day and your celebration of having registered 2002 books? I think you had an anniversary just before that, as well. I had picked out and reserved a special book for you in celebration of all these things, and with so many health issues challenging me again, I am realizing that I may not have gotten in sent off to you...in spite of believing that I had gotten all caught up with my written BC Correspondence during this past weekend...I must find it! It was originally slated for Wild Release for several Challenges I ended up not being able to participate in, but I had decided that it would be absolutely perfect for YOU! I will be keeping you in suspense by not disclosing the title now, so that I don't spoil the surprise!

Journal Entry 4 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Thursday, June 16, 2016

Had started to read this lovely little book...back cover, inside flap (which lists a city I believe I lived in when I was young), the Acknowledgements, the Author's Note, the Bible verse, and the pages with the Hans Christian Andersen's "The Little Match Girl" reference. Have had to set it aside for now, for numerous emotional reasons, and may not get through it in time to release it for booklady331's Christmas in July http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/23/530560, as I had originally thought I might.
Did manage to locate the special book I had set aside and thought would be absolutely perfect for YOU, lauraloo29...and got it mailed off on June 2nd, although I'm not certain I wrote the address correctly and hope it finds it's way there with the special writing I composed for you. ; ) Thank you again for "The Gift" I still look forward to reading. ; )

Journal Entry 5 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Saturday, October 28, 2017

Restarted and finally made it through this sensitively written story rooted in autobiographical fiction during the past week. While heartbreaking in places, the sad reality is that the subject matter is still far too prevalent in today's society, not unlike many topics that one is dumbfounded to find we are still dealing with in this century. Presented from a new perspective, "Grace" will definitely tear at your heartstrings. It is inspiring to know that the author founded a charity organization called The Christmas Box House, named after his first novel, to help make a difference. You can learn more about it here. https://thechristmasbox.org Thank you again for sharing this book with me lauraloo29. I decided to read it now because I wanted to get it moving again for the upcoming holidays, and I remembered I had signed up for iwillrejoice's [US only] Christmas/Hanukkah Bookring 2017 quite some time ago. I thought it would be arriving soon since I was second to sign up. Just found the thread from a month ago here though https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/545457 and it looks like I was moved way down the list for some reason, so I will set this aside until it does finally arrive. ; )