The Poison Tree

by Erin Kelly | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingkeeta1wing of Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on 8/14/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingkeeta1wing from Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, August 14, 2015
Amazon Editorial Review

I have given up so much and done so many terrible things already for the sake of my family that I can only keep going. I do not know what is going to happen to us. I am frightened, but I feel strong. I have the strength of a woman who has everything to lose. In the sweltering summer of 1997, strait-laced, straight-A student Karen met Biba - a bohemian and impossibly glamorous aspiring actress. She was quickly drawn into Biba's world, and for a while life was one long summer of love. But every summer must end. By the end of theirs, two people were dead - and now Karen's past has come back to haunt her ....

Journal Entry 2 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Saturday, August 29, 2015
A good read. Took a while to get into the story, but a good ending.

Journal Entry 3 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Friday, November 13, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (11/12/2015 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Off to visit J4shaw in Melbourne :)
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wingJ4shawwing at Bayles, Victoria Australia on Thursday, December 03, 2015
Ooh Keeta1 you are good to me!
Thank you so much for this Wishlist RABCK, it is much appreciated.

Read January 2017
What a great atmospheric novel to settle into on a Saturday!
I was in the right "zone" for reading this, and it was a novel that pulled on my own recollection of my late teens and the numerous eclectic mix of characters I can recall entering my "normal" orbit at that time.
I found Biba fascinating at the beginning, her brother Rex a bore, and Karen irritating.
Then half way through or so, Biba and Karen switches spots.
Very clever on the author's part.
The reasoning behind the name Alice was not lost on me.
Interesting to learn that Broadchurch was written by Erin Kelly - this was a TV series I enjoyed a few years back and didn't know of the connection at the time.

Journal Entry 5 by wingJ4shawwing at Let Minnow Cafe in Clayfield, Queensland Australia on Sunday, January 29, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (1/29/2017 UTC) at Let Minnow Cafe in Clayfield, Queensland Australia

Taking along to the Brisbane Bookcrossing Meetup.

Journal Entry 6 by bookworm76 at Chermside, Queensland Australia on Sunday, January 29, 2017
I picked this up at the Brisbane Bookcrossing meetup

Taking along to the next Brisbane bookcrossing meetup. If not picked up I will leave somewhere.

Journal Entry 8 by tiddley at Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, February 24, 2019
picked up at meet up today