The Silver Needle Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery)

by Laura Childs | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 042522676X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingChaniawing of Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on 8/10/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingChaniawing from Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, August 10, 2015
The national bestselling author of "Dragonwell Dead" returns with a mystery proving that the price of fame can be murderously steep. The Charleston Film Festival has brought Theodosia Browning and the staff of the Indigo Tea Shop a busy week of catering jobs. First up is the opening night gala at the historic Belvedere Theatre. Tinseltown and local luminaries seem to be mingling happily in the glamorously renovated lobby, but Theo notices that the atmosphere backstage is tense. Then famous director Jordan Cole is shot on his way to the podium, and the entire audience witnesses his death silhouetted across the scrim. Never has a festival started off with this big a bang.

Journal Entry 2 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, September 28, 2015
Nice again, cozy and still pretty exciting at the end. And it's always lovely to read about tea and delicious food!

Journal Entry 3 by wingChaniawing at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Sunday, October 04, 2015
Kirjakko has this book on her wishlist, so off it goes!

Journal Entry 4 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, October 07, 2015
Yippee! Another tea-shop mystery came as a bonus surprise, together with a coffeehouse mystery. And some very nice bookmarks 📖. Thanks again, Chania.

Edit: These two 'books' contain - tea!

Journal Entry 5 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, March 22, 2019
Now how come I have two copies of this book?? I must be getting really old not having realized this earlier. Have to see if Annelis hasn't read this, as I am seeing her in a few hours' time. We are off to make a crime wave in Tallinn by planting dozens of crime books on the streets of the Old Town... Got an offer from Tallinn I could not resist - ferry two ways for just 5€!!! The tram back and forth to the harbour of Helsinki costs more!

Journal Entry 6 by wingkirjakkowing at Tallinn, Harjumaa Estonia on Friday, March 22, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (3/22/2019 UTC) at Tallinn, Harjumaa Estonia

A quick check-up showed that Annelis does not (yet) have this book, so I am taking it along to Tallinn and back.

Pic: I "never" take food pictures when I'm out eating, but this Estonian vegetable crepes was so unusual even I had to make an exception to my rule. And surely Chania wants to know what we were eating in Tallinn...

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, March 24, 2019
Thank you for the book Chania and Kirjakko.
The crepe was delicious and good-looking too, but we forgot to drink tea.
It was cold in Tallinn, but I heard blackbird singing and we saw some spring flowers. Only I was expecting more things like that. Anyway we got rid of tens of books.