Black Tide

by Peter Temple | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by DubaiReader of Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on 8/1/2015
Journal Entry 1 by DubaiReader from Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Saturday, August 1, 2015
From Amazon:
'I went to George Armit's funeral. It was a small affair. Almost everyone George had known was dead. Many of them were dead because George had had them killed...'

Jack Irish however, has no shortage of friends. Jockeys and journos, lawyers and standover men, people in nameless occupations who aren't in the phone book. These days, though, the only family he sees are Irish men in faded football team photographs on the pub wall. So when Des Connors, the last link to his father, calls to ask for help in the matter of a missing son, Jack is happy to lend a hand. But sometimes prodigal sons go missing for a reason. As Jack begins to dig, he discovers that Gary Connors was a man with something to hide. And his friends are people with darker and more deadly secrets... just as well Jack plays by 'Australian Rules'...

Journal Entry 2 by DubaiReader at Dubai, Dubai United Arab Emirates on Wednesday, August 5, 2015
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Yorkshire-Lass
Happy Birthday to you!

I hope you have a wonderful day (I won't mention how old!!!)

Posted 3rd Aug in UK, second class, it's still going to be early, but I flew out that morning!

Journal Entry 3 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, August 24, 2015
Thank you so much for this and the other book you sent me, you have helped make this birthday so special :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, March 31, 2022
Got to it at last!
A really good read, lots of info on racing and Ausi football that I didn't understand but that didn't spoil the story.

Journal Entry 5 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Released 1 yr ago (4/28/2023 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is going into The World of Crime Bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by Shepparm at Buckingham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 10, 2023
collected from the World books of Crime book box. Looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 7 by Shepparm at Buckingham, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 29, 2024
I really couldn't get into this book. No idea why and in the end didn't finish it.

I am now releasing on it's onward travels in the Around the World Book Box to a more appreciative audience

Journal Entry 8 by wingJ4Shawwing at Preston, Lancashire United Kingdom on Monday, May 27, 2024
Arrived whilst I was away. Not to my reading taste, so I will released this one soon.

Journal Entry 9 by wingJ4Shawwing at Preston, Lancashire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (6/19/2024 UTC) at Preston, Lancashire United Kingdom

666 RABCK bundle

Journal Entry 10 by jax987654321 at Wembley, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, June 24, 2024
received in the post. Thank you