South of the Border, West of the Sun: A Novel

by Haruki Murakami | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingGjesdalbiblwing of Ålgård, Rogaland fylke Norway on 7/31/2015
Journal Entry 1 by wingGjesdalbiblwing from Ålgård, Rogaland fylke Norway on Friday, July 31, 2015
Bøkene på hyllen er donert av våre lånere og bookcrossere.

Books on shelf are donated by our borrowers and bookcrossers.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGjesdalbiblwing at Gjesdal folkebibliotek in Ålgård, Rogaland fylke Norway on Friday, July 31, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (7/31/2015 UTC) at Gjesdal folkebibliotek in Ålgård, Rogaland fylke Norway

Gjesdal folkebibliotek har egen hylle ved reisebokavdelingen for paperbacks der du kan sette igjen eller ta med deg bøker når du skal ut å reise.

Gjesdal public library has a shelf by the travelbookshelf for paperbacks available to take with you or give back when travelling.

Journal Entry 3 by winglunaciawing at Ålgård, Rogaland fylke Norway on Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Picked this up at Gjesdal public library when I was there for a meeting today. Have been wanting to read Murakami for ages.

Journal Entry 4 by winglunaciawing at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Tuesday, August 07, 2018
About the book:

Growing up in the suburbs in post-war Japan, it seemed to Hajime that everyone but him had brothers and sisters. His sole companion was Shimamoto, also an only child. Together they spent long afternoons listening to her father's record collection. But when his family moved away, the two lost touch.

Now Hajime is in his thirties. After a decade of drifting he has found happiness with his loving wife and two daughters, and success running a jazz bar. Then Shimamoto reappears. She is beautiful, intense, enveloped in mystery. Hajime is catapulted into the past, putting at risk all he has in the present.

Journal Entry 5 by winglunaciawing at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Tuesday, August 07, 2018
I finally got around to read this gem of a book! I really enjoyed it. Beautifully written, about love and loss.

Journal Entry 6 by winglunaciawing at Oslo Visitor Centre, Østbanehallen in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, August 09, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (8/9/2018 UTC) at Oslo Visitor Centre, Østbanehallen in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

The summer is over, and I now have a pile of books that want to continue their journey!

I will bring this book to the Bookcrossing meetup today, and if nobody wants it, I'll leave it in the shelves at Oslo Visitor Centre.

Journal Entry 7 by wingsota48wing at Hokksund, Buskerud fylke Norway on Thursday, August 09, 2018
Picked up at the BC meet up this afternoon.

I find there is always a weird streak in Murakami's novels. This novel is no exception. Also as always Murakami is a very good read.

Released 1 mo ago (3/8/2019 UTC) at Oslo Visitor Centre, Østbanehallen in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

I will leave the book on the shelf inside the entrance .

The book is being released as part of the Scandinavian challenge "Keep the books moving 2019".